Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: Discussion of Collection counting methods

I did (my G1 Magnus was stolen, grrr) - but I've since replaced his god f'ugly missiles with original G1 ones.

I think "intent" is very relevant to my own count. For example, I actually have one on each (classic and concept) Bumblebees loose. I also have Evolution of a Hero. I have no intention of opening Evolution of a Hero, but I consider it a part of my MISB collection, a sealed display piece, and thus consider it worthy of counting. I also have another MISB concept Camaro Bumblebee, with the intention of being opened if and when I should every break, lose or damage my loose one. I do NOT count that as part of my collection, so in my case, intention is everything when it comes to a double/variant.

From post #21 on the "2008 Acquisitions: Your best and worst?" thread
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    I changed my counting method late in 2008 from one that was close to the fan-voted method, to a more "official" Hasbro-perspective method I developed (as in, what would *Hasbro* class and count as an actual TFs toy product).
    So under that system I suppose the following items would count as 1:
    + An entire Micromaster Patrol or Combiner Squad (e.g.: Sports Car Patrol)
    + An entire Mini-Con Team (e.g.: Street Action Team)
    + Gestalts sold together in a "gift set" (e.g.: Tripredacus, Magnaboss)
    + Decoys, statues, PVCs, meal/candy toys etc.
    + 7.6cm Titanium Series

What I'm also curious about though, how do you count the following:
    + Variants - I think Hasbro would count intentional variants separately (e.g.: movie Bumblebee's variants) but not "unintentional" variants (e.g. red and yellow G1 Bumblebee)
    + Multiples
    + TF condition - loose vs. sealed vs. junkers
    + Takara Transformers, especially "non-mainline" TF toys/merchandise from Japan like Choro-Q, Microman (e.g.: Kicker, Gamede), Q Robo, KT Figures, bottle tops, TF Jrs, Beastformers, Majorette TF cars et al.

I will post details of the counting system I've been working on for the last few months, but I need to finish up something more important today before I do.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From post #21 on the "2008 Acquisitions: Your best and worst?" thread

So under that system I suppose the following items would count as 1:
    + An entire Micromaster Patrol or Combiner Squad (e.g.: Sports Car Patrol)
    Not really, but close.

+ An entire Mini-Con Team (e.g.: Street Action Team)
    No.

+ Gestalts sold together in a "gift set" (e.g.: Tripredacus, Magnaboss)
    No.

+ Decoys, statues, PVCs, meal/candy toys etc.
    Yes, no, yes, yes if produced by an official owner of the brand.

+ 7.6cm Titanium Series
    Yes.

What I'm also curious about though, how do you count the following:
    + Variants - I think Hasbro would count intentional variants separately (e.g.: movie Bumblebee's variants) but not "unintentional" variants (e.g. red and yellow G1 Bumblebee)
    + Multiples
    + TF condition - loose vs. sealed vs. junkers
    + Takara Transformers, especially "non-mainline" TF toys/merchandise from Japan like Choro-Q, Microman (e.g.: Kicker, Gamede), Q Robo, KT Figures, bottle tops, TF Jrs, Beastformers, Majorette TF cars et al.
    The counting method deals with each of these issues with a 5-item 'testing' criteria. But as mentioned above, details on that later.

BTW - the red and yellow Gen1 Bbees and CJs were confirmed by Hasbro that they were NOT unintentional - they were purposefully produced to pad out the first year of toys.