Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your best Christmas present memory?

Default What is your best Christmas present memory?

I thought this might be good considering Christmas is just around the corner, it may also give some Mums and Dads a good idea or two

My bithday is two days before Christmas so most of my life the memories of awesome Transformers or MOTU presents blend into one and I can never remember if they were for birthday or Christmas, one good thing though is doing a double present to get something really big. Anyway.....

My best memory was in 1985 and it was the present from Santa. My sister and I got up early as usual to tear open our presents, we had a fire place back then so we would hang our Santa sacks over it. When we got there my Sister had her present but my sack was missing (hehe sack) So Mum and Dad said we needed to go try and find it because Santa must have dropped it somewhere, so we went out into the backyard and started searching. Dad pointed up to the chimney and there was something wrapped in the sack sitting on top of it. So he lifted me on the roof and I went up and got it, I peeked inside and it was Snake Mountain!!! Best present ever.
    Due to it's size Santa couldn't get it down the chimney. A great idea by Mum and Dad.

My fondest memories of Xmas was the year my parents bought me G1 Megatron, Soundwave, Optimus Prime, and G1 Grimlock from my Grandpa and Nanna the following year. They all sit in my cabinet looking as awesome as they did nearly 30 years ago when I ripped them out of their boxes.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Metroplex when I was about 8-9... I think
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

When we were living up in Broome, Mum and Dad bought me and my brother Castle Greyskull to share. After all the excitement of getting it out and putting it together we found one tiny piece missing (the little bird/gargoyle thing that went on the end of the elevator string) so we had to go sifting through our big bin and after about 20 minutes, we found it... Good times
    The day Christmas nearly went pear-shaped

More recently- Last christmas was Victory Leo and Overlord and the one before was Takara MP Grimlock (but it's not the same when you're not a kid and you picked the prezzie yourself)

1987 - Both Headmaster Horrocons

Easy, my first Transformers Christmas
    Got G1 Starscream, Sideswipe & Soundwave

The day the addiction began

Wow thats hard. Non TF was when I got my Greyskull and my old SW Falcon back in 1980.

For TFs my folks got me Jetfire, Prowl, Blaster in 85 Picked up Soundwave on Boxing day
    In 1986 Got the Predacons and Omega Supreme
    In 87 got Scorponok and Sixshot.

After that it becomes a blurr. Cant remember much.

Christmas 84/85. One word: Jetfire.

To be honest I can't remember what year that was but yeah... Jetfire.

Now your pushing it, I don't know if I can remember that far back. The one I remember with the fondest memories was when a lot of the family all got together at my Aunties one year (my mother was one of 9 children, She was also the youngest by quite a few years). I think I was about 4 or 5 years old (1971-72), My sister and I woke up and ran into the lounge to see a Xmas tree almost buried by presents (Tree was about 1650mm). Can't remember any of the presents but I do remember the morning, Doesn't get any better than that

Not sure the exact year but it was looking bleak... I had asked for Optimus Prime from Santa and I remember dad showing me a half page ad in the Sunday Mail in the lead up to Christmas from Optimus Prime apologising because he was sold out and would not be available until February the following year!

Well that resulted in a trip to the Hypermarket and I can still picture the sight of one entire aisle at the entrance (three shelves higher than I could reach) wall to wall TFs . I asked for from the selection there (and got) Jetfire from Santa, picked out Thrust for my Grandparents to give me and Ravage and Rumble – or the red cassette so as not to offend anyone – from my Nan and Pop.

They were all received gleefully Christmas day... and still remember my Grandad eliciting laughs from everyone when I “bombed” him with one of Thrust’s missiles and he handed it back saying, “Yeah, well as long as they don’t explode; had enough of that crap during the war.”