Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: Toy Hunter TV Show

I questioned that too.
    NYCC is ending in half an hour, can he sell it?!?! Here's a serious buyer! How much? 20K. I'll give you 15k. No, 17k... ok sold! & the buyer also mispronounces him as Boba Bett. That's like saying I'm a serious collector and I'm really happy with my unreleased Octopus Prime prototype purchase
    Then again, it could very well be a slip of the tongue & legitimate.

Well, that's one of the people he later meets "again" in the first season (hence my comment about it sounding a bit confusing to refer to someone he met in an earlier episode, but not in any of the first season episodes... and I had no idea there was a one-hour pilot). And when you see him again in the first season, he is a legit collector, and he behaved at the NYCC a bit like I do at BotCon (looking through the stuff and *quietly* commenting that there is nothing he/I don't already have... prompting the stall owner to pull out a secret item, if they have one).
    I personally wouldn't spend that much on a toy, but... I'd still be the same target market as the three guys they featured, for pulling out an unreleased pre-production figure (that is too valuable to have out on public display).

From all that, and three seasons of the TV show, I feel it was legit.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Well, that's one of the people he later meets "again" in the first season (hence my comment about it sounding a bit confusing to refer to someone he met in an earlier episode, but not in any of the first season episodes... and I had no idea there was a one-hour pilot). And when you see him again in the first season, he is a legit collector, and he behaved at the NYCC a bit like I do at BotCon (looking through the stuff and *quietly* commenting that there is nothing he/I don't already have... prompting the stall owner to pull out a secret item, if they have one).
    I personally wouldn't spend that much on a toy, but... I'd still be the same target market as the three guys they featured, for pulling out an unreleased pre-production figure (that is too valuable to have out on public display).

From all that, and three seasons of the TV show, I feel it was legit.
    That Collector owns the clothing brand Tapout