View Poll Results: How complete is your Hasbro G1 collection?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10%

9 29.03%
  • 20%

1 3.23%
  • 30%

2 6.45%
  • 40%

0 0%
  • 50%

0 0%
  • 60%

2 6.45%
  • 70%

1 3.23%
  • 65%

2 6.45%
  • 70%

1 3.23%
  • 75%

1 3.23%
  • 80%

1 3.23%
  • 85%

1 3.23%
  • 90%

4 12.90%
  • 95%

3 9.68%
  • 100%

3 9.68%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How complete is your G1 collection?

I don't know what my percentage is exactly because I actually haven't counted them but I'd guess it is very low as I must have 25 at most. Plus I'm guessing God Ginrai doesn't count.

I am sitting at above 95% but not 100%

Having said that there are a few on the list that I am not including in my G1 collection.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just curious, what is the purpose of this poll i.e. what is the data being used for? Is this an extension of the UCM or something else? Haven't we done this already (pretty sure I remember participating in another poll just like this one)
    Just curious to know how complete our G1 collections are "actually" complete (i.e. attempting to include all of G1), as opposed to "personally" complete (i.e. people's personal/individual G1 collecting limit, which may not include all of G1). For example, I'm 45 Transformers short of an actually complete collection, but most of those toys are ones that I have little interest in acquiring, if any (because let's face it, if I really wanted most of these toys, I would've bought them when they were out in the 80s/90s). There's only 2 toys that I really want to collect before I personally consider my G1 collection to be complete, although technically it still wouldn't be actually complete.

I don't care about having an actually complete G1 collection mind you. But I'm curious to know, when people say that they have 'completed' their G1 collection, how much of that is actually complete or personally complete.

This is not meant as a criticism against people who are pursuing personally complete collections -- I'm in the same boat -- but I'm just curious to know how many people's G1 collections are actually complete.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I don't know what my percentage is exactly because I actually haven't counted them but I'd guess it is very low as I must have 25 at most. Plus I'm guessing God Ginrai doesn't count.
    No, God Ginrai and Takara-exclusive Transformers don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I am sitting at above 95% but not 100%

Having said that there are a few on the list that I am not including in my G1 collection.
    For the purposes of this poll, we're looking at the entirety of G1, as per the list. So please do include everything on the list when calculating the completion of your G1 collection for this poll, thanks.

e.g. In terms of my "personal" G1 collection, it's 99.5% complete, which would round up to 100%. But in terms of having an actually complete G1 collection, mine is 90% complete; thus I've voted on 90%, not 100%.

Well according to that list I am only missing 30 so that drops me down to 93.4%

Might have to try to get some TFs not on my G1 list.

I gather collectors who own less than 10% are not worthy enough for the poll? I have 1 G1 toy so it works out at .022%. Perhaps a 'Less than 10%' option would be good for us less important collectors.

Which would round down to 90%^up to 95% for this poll.
    Might have to try to get some TFs not on my G1 list.
    I hope it's because you already wanted those toys anyway. Only people who are Hasbro G1 completists would have or aim to achieve an actually 100% complete collection. For those of us who aren't completists, we're unlikely to reach that number, and probably don't want to anyway.

As I said, there's 2 more toys that I'd like to get before my collection is "personally" complete. So once that happens, while my collection may be personally 100% complete, it would only be 91% actually complete (which would still round down to 90% for this poll anyway ). The remaining 9% are toys that I just don't care enough about to go hunting down on the aftermarket and paying inflated prices for. Once I get those last 2 toys, I'll be pretty much done with G1 as far as I'm concerned. It will be as complete as I want it to be. Sure, if the opportunity to get any of that 9% at a cheap price happened to come by my way, I won't say no (as unlikely as it may be), but I'm not going to actively pursue them.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 30th April 2014 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    No, God Ginrai and Takara-exclusive Transformers don't count.
    Having God Ginrai should count as having Powermaster Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Which would round down to 90% for this poll.
    Why wouldn't it round up to 95%? That's how maths works, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I have a Powermaster Optimus from when I was a kid (I don't have him in my collection because of condition) and I have a God Ginrai now. I would argue that Super Ginrai is actually not PM OP. He is a surprisingly extensive remould and redeco.

I have a Powermaster Optimus from when I was a kid (I don't have him in my collection because of condition) and I have a God Ginrai now. I would argue that Super Ginrai is actually not PM OP. He is a surprisingly extensive remould and redeco.
    It's convoluted, but if reissues count, since God Ginrai was reissued in the US as Commemorative G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime (with Apex Armour) and they're basically the same mould (yes, with differences in fists, chroming, die-cast, windows and smokestacks) it would suggest that one would retroactively count as the other for the purpose of this poll. But, since it's one toy, whichever way it's counted isn't going to make a difference unless it's on the cusp of x0% and y5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I gather collectors who own less than 10% are not worthy enough for the poll? I have 1 G1 toy so it works out at .022%. Perhaps a 'Less than 10%' option would be good for us less important collectors.
    This board only allows for a maximum of 15 poll options. I won't object if any mods would like to edit the "10%" option to "10% or less."

Why wouldn't it round up to 95%? That's how maths works, isn't it?
    That's what I said! Sshhhh!

^Agree with this.

Okay, how about we go by this rule: If you were to put a Takara TF next to its Hasbro counterpart, if the difference is immediately noticeable then it doesn't count, but if not then it can count.

As DELTAprime said, Ginrai is an extensive remould/redeco from PM Optimus Prime with the difference being quite noticeable upon first inspection. Others would include: Minerva, Go-Shooter, Double Clouder, Leozak, Jalgar, Killbison, Drillhorn, Dinoking et al. Takara toys like Cancer, Gilmer, Lander, King Poseidon, Cab, Holy, Peepoh, Fire, Boater, Moon Radar etc. would count since those toys are identical to their Hasbro counterparts.