Thread: Macs and Transformer Games

Default Macs and Transformer Games

Are there any Mac (Apple Computer) Transformer Games? I haven't found any and all the computers/laptops in my House are Apple

Thanks
    UG
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I just checked the Mac App Store and there is nothing. With Activision owning the Transformers license and Activision's aversion to making Mac versions of games I doubt you will see any on the Mac soon.

Remember that because OS X up till 10.10 Yosemite has used OpenGL which is far inferior to Microsoft's Direct X, and requires software to be rewritten in Objective C from whatever language the developer originally used on PC, Xbox and PlayStation, developers have avoided the Mac for gaming especially given the tiny percentage of Mac users that game.

With Metal replacing OpenGL in OS X 10.11 El Capitan there will be one less reason for developers to avoid the Mac, but there's still the other reasons.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

MY solution has been to dual-boot Windows or the sole purpose of gaming. Harder to do on an iMac or laptop than my Mac Pro (with multiple internal drives) but using a Thunderbolt external drive/enclosure should help prevent bandwidth issues with running an OS off an external drive.

Games aren't really designed for Mac. While there are a few you can play on a Mac, most of them aren't supported (though if they work or not, I can't tell since I've grown up with PC's my life with the only times I use a Mac is if I'm at School or TAFE)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures