Thread: Moving tips

Default Moving tips

I'm thinking of moving down to Brisbane for work. I would only be taking two rooms worth of stuff with me, including my collection room. Anyone have any tips or insights on how to move a mostly loose collection (that includes Lego and Disney Infinity in addition to Transformers) without damaging them?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm thinking of moving down to Brisbane for work. I would only be taking two rooms worth of stuff with me, including my collection room. Anyone have any tips or insights on how to move a mostly loose collection (that includes Lego and Disney Infinity in addition to Transformers) without damaging them?
    Regarding the Transformers you could buy some GW carry cases and remove the middle layer of foam. I'm not sure about Lego
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Stackable plastic crates for all the loose toys, and line the insides of the crate with bubblewrap, as well as the top before you close it.

Comics and boxes can be done in sturdy cardboard boxes.

If using moving men mark FRAGILE on all the boxes and word them up. When I had to move 500km the guys were really good about it when I explained the situation to them, they even did a run around their truck when they finished and found a tiny shoulder cannon from Movieverse Brawl that had somehoe fallen out and made sure to give it to me

+1 on what trev said, I've switched over to tubs that can store under a bed $16 -20 at reject shop.

I zip-lock bagged all my Lego and loose TF figures. Then put all the Lego in their boxes and filled the empty space with any loose TF figures. Any figures I had boxes for also got boxed up.

Next thing was putting them in moving boxes. Tried to keep all the same series boxes together as they usually stack nicely.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

If in a hurry and you are moving things yourself (so you know to be careful) - I suggest the following:

Anything fragile or could chip paint (G1, loose Binaltechs and MPs) - self sealing sandwich baggies along with their accessories. Then all in a cardboard box where they wouldn't be moving around too much. However for Binaltechs and MPs, if you still have their boxes, use them.

BW, CHUG and other similar modern toys that don't have a high breakage or paint chipping risk - Put them all in one of those big plastic zipper bags you can get at the reject shop for like $3. Even if ball jointed limbs and accessories pop off, they would fall within the thick contained bag so not lost.

GPS toys (G1, BW) transport individually within a sealed sandwich baggy using the utmost care. If anything breaks off, it will be contained within the baggy so you can glue back later. Lucky there isn't that many toys that have this condition.