Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father to Son

Default Father to Son

G'day all long time since I have logged in. Great to see some farmilliar names pop up still. Well I'm an old man 41 to be exact. My son will inherit my collection but he has no interest in them. Although now days they are mostly in storage. I might scale things back. I'm a mint in box collector and also have some open g1 figures. I'm at the stage were I'm really wondering what line will hold its value long term. I started collecting some Masterpieces and I have to say really like them esp the true exclusives. Just after some advice on what will hold its value in years to come when my son inherits my collection. Thanks in advance.

Most anything MIB will increase in value given time, especially now that you can try to sell it to the entire world online. Usually it's the rarity that determines whether it will increase in value by a bit or a lot.

Some of the worlds most valuable toys these days are of obscure little characters that they didn't make many of as there wasn't a big market and not many people bothered keeping.

But at a very rough guess I'd say G1 will continue to increase in value, MPs are a safe investment and Movieverse will probably not increase very much at all.

Cheers for advice BTT I bought and still have mib 90 % of the 2007 movie series I might sell to fund more MPs.Some of the toys like the bib bumble bee I've had to carefully open and remove batteries so they don't leak acid over time and destroy toy loosing that mib feel to preserve toy.

Quote Originally Posted by To Punish & Enslave View Post
    Cheers for advice BTT I bought and still have mib 90 % of the 2007 movie series I might sell to fund more MPs.
    Well even they will increase in value MIB, particularly from the first movie which while not the highest grossing seems to be the most popular. Its just that they made them by the millions so they wont prove to be particularly rare for quite a while so may not increase in value as much as other lines.

in my experience MP misb stuff seems to go up and up. Hang on to those

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    in my experience MP misb stuff seems to go up and up. Hang on to those
    Until they get a re-release the next year or two.

I doubt that the movie toys will go up. There is a massive supply being kept sealed by collectors. (Star wars episode 1 stuff is virtually worthless)

MPs have the most potential of the modern lines but they are constantly being reissued.

G1 is your best long term. The better condition stuff is always was wanted. Again, reissues can change things significantly (eg fort Max).

If your son has no interest, and they are in storage, why bother?
    If it is as an inheritance, then I'd be investing your money into other areas.

I also second what Megatran says.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Star wars episode 1 stuff is virtually worthless
    Shhhhhhhhh..... I was planning on selling this stuff on the boards.

I should have sold the stuff a long time ago in a galaxy far, far way.

Some movie items are way over priced now, try looking up deluxe leadfoot on ebay, the ice cream twins, or leader brawl.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)