Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many combiner limb names can you remember?

Default How many combiner limb names can you remember?

So I was wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. I can remember the names of all the Protectobot and Combaticon limb-bot's names and identify each one, probably because they are all unique. But I get some Construticons, all Arielbots, all Stunticons and all Predicons except Divebomb mixed up. Anyone else have issues remembering all the limb-bot names?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Keep studying it and you'll get there. I've been at it 30 years and G1 is a breeze. Western G1 that is. Dinoking, Liokaiser, those pesky Six-Micromaster ones. Those can stump me.

For me, it depended on how often I heard a character's name in the cartoon, even if they have introductory episodes. For instance, I never learned Bonecrusher's name, because it's only mentioned once, in Heavy Metal War, and I only saw that episode once when I was younger, whereas I was able to rewatch the others later on.

For Aerialbots and Stunticons, we learned their names from their intro episodes, but after that I used colour as their main identifying trait.

I never learned the Terrorcon limb bots' names, and even now I'd have trouble matching names to bots (except for Sinnertwin).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Keep studying it and you'll get there. I've been at it 30 years and G1 is a breeze. Western G1 that is. Dinoking, Liokaiser, those pesky Six-Micromaster ones. Those can stump me.
    Same as Paulbot
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I know all the constructicons, aerialbots, combaticons, protectobots and stunticons. I'm usually good with the predacons (sometimes I forget) and occasionally mix up some of the terrorcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

For Aerialbots and Stunticons, we learned their names from their intro episodes, but after that I used colour as their main identifying trait.

I never learned the Terrorcon limb bots' names, and even now I'd have trouble matching names to bots (except for Sinnertwin).
    It was always the case with the technobots with me, them only being in a few episodes.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'm a bit OCD so I make a point of remembering them (G1 stuff), like Paulbot though the Japanese stuff I do not have a clue.
    Spiderken Away!

The only one I have trouble with is I occasionally forget one or two of the Contructicons and I think for a few minutes then remember it.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I can name all of the Aerialbots, Combaticons, Stunticons and Protectobots, including the new guys.
    Combaticons can be a little bit tricky, but if I play by my rules it can be a bit easier (though it is cheating )
    The other teams, don't expect me to remember them. The only Technobots I'm aware of are Scattorshot, Afterburner and Strafe, and I only know of Afterburner because everyone thinks hes gonna get retooled from Takara Groove.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I'm not seeing the Seacons get much of a mention. Nor the Monster Pretenders. Don't forget the later combiner teams.

I'm the same as Paulbot, as I suspect are many children of the 80s who grew up with Anglophone G1 and thus have had the names of these individual 'bots imprinted into our brains. Except for the Autobot Rescue Squad. I just use their Takara names rather than saying "Rescue 1" or whatever their official weird Anglophone names are.