Thread: JP GO! cartoon finale & Screen shots

Default JP GO! cartoon finale & Screen shots

The cartoon that accompanied the GO! line in Japan, has ended, and some screen caps have been posted here.

The cartoon was short-lived, and short of length, with only 4 or 5 episodes, of about 11 minutes each long.

If I recall from a promo disk I got from Japan, it only features the Japanese exclusive characters (the new moulds and the beasts with new heads or completely new colours).
    This final episode looks to feature the Exprime Optimus that was released in January (train & dragon modes), and combining with the leaders of the two combiners from GO!

That should pretty much confirm that Exprime Optimus was indeed the last of the GO! toys from Japan... and possibly means we won't see the EZY Groove toy either.

I had a look at GO! on Takara's official YouTube channel when it started, they put the full episodes on their channel. (wish Hasbro would do that with US series.) I don't understand any Japanese so I had no idea what the plot was or anything but I was really put off by the animation. It seemed rather basic, they didn't even animate the mouths of the Transformers. If any cartoon was just a long (and cheap) ad for toys it was this cartoon.

I blame rampant piracy and publisher domination for the recent trend of 12 episode seasons and microepisodes. Nobody commits to full episodes and the full 24 ep seasons. It's always these half seasons where the beancounters can analyse ratings before continuing or axing the rest of the season.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.