Page 58 of 154 FirstFirst ... 384853545556575859606162636878 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Once the apocalyptic future was erased, Kitty was no longer sitting there keeping Logan's mind phased back to 1970-whatever. So it snapped back to his body at the relative time it left with all the accumulated memories etc. His mind didn't stay in 1970.
    Ah right, of course. Hence that funky futuristic alarm clock.
    Anyway, here's my attempt at illustrating it with a diagram.

Watched Into the Storm last weekend. It's Twister with upgraded special effects
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Last night watched 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. I only get the chance to go to the flicks once a year - this movie was that good makes me really wish I'd seen it in the cinema. Humor and action were spot on!

Tonight - watching 'Big Ass Spider!' Effects aren't quite as good as Guardians

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Tonight - watching 'Big Ass Spider!'
    It's a good week for movies on SBS2 this week, with horror movies and Japanese movies most nights between Boxing day and New Years. Including a couple of Godzilla movies and the recent "Monkey Magic" movie.

The one after Big Ass Spider was a Japanese movie called Big Man Japan (here for plot & themes)... and it just had so many levels of wrong.
    It's a mockumentary of a "super hero" who was born into the job rather than wanting it... and the monsters are just weird and laughable.
    The start is very slow though, so probably fast-forward about 20-30 minutes.
    And don't try to understand any of it, especially the ending. Just laugh at the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Last night watched 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. I only get the chance to go to the flicks once a year - this movie was that good makes me really wish I'd seen it in the cinema. Humor and action were spot on!
    Same here man, I sadly didn't get the chance to see it in the cinema. But I so wish I did. Fantastic Movie, I got a giant poster of it near some of my transformer collection

Watched The Drop (twice) last week. Knew nothing about it prior and was pleasantly surprised. I would probably rate it in my top 5 movies for 2014.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

So I'm thinking of watching Lucy and TMNT as I have a couple of free movie downloads on Foxtel.

1: For someone like me that scoffs at the trailer saying humans use 10% of their brains, is Lucy still worth watching or are there a ton of references to that 10% lie?

2: For someone that hates all the Bayverse TF movies except DOTM which I find middling is TMNT an avoid or passable?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Watched Unbroken last night, brilliant movie and highly recommended.

Only small criticism is the end could have been more fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So I'm thinking of watching Lucy and TMNT as I have a couple of free movie downloads on Foxtel.

1: For someone like me that scoffs at the trailer saying humans use 10% of their brains, is Lucy still worth watching or are there a ton of references to that 10% lie?

2: For someone that hates all the Bayverse TF movies except DOTM which I find middling is TMNT an avoid or passable?
    I enjoyed TMNT much more than I expected to. I think it got it right in ways the TFs films didn't.

From the trailer of Lucy the using more than 10% thing is the whole gimmick. But basically it's just a gimmick to give the hero superpowers.