Page 485 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 465475480481482483484485486487488489490495505 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Thanks guys, thought it was bit of a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    note also that there are going to be re-releases of some things in the future, possibly with different paint schemes but it's unlikely that they won't re-use the FE molds for something just to make their money from them.
    They've already done it with FE Starscream and Bumblebee which is still available in Australia. I'd like the see them retool FE Optimus Prime with a new head -- one that shows his mouth.

hi. is this one o.k. i thought k.o.. but then i saw that little head pic on box..
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    hi. is this one o.k. i thought k.o.. but then i saw that little head pic on box..
    thanks.
    Looks like a diaclone to me.

Looks to be legit. Here's an image of all the Diaclone Insector Robo boxes for comparison.

cheers.. i'll go for it

I've been scouring the TF Wiki, but haven't been able to find anything that really answers my question:

What sort of class system do we see on Cybertron before the Great War? There are mentions of a Roman-esque Senate, which becomes corrupt, but is there a definite underclass or something?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

As far as the G1 comics were concerned, Cybertron was divided in Greek-like city states (e.g. Iacon) and Cybertron itself was governed by a Senate (Autobot Council of Elders) of which Xaaron is a former member of (originally Councillor Xaaron, then after its collapse became known as Emirate Xaaron; it was headed by High Councillor Traachon). As far as an underclass is concerned, IIRC the closest thing we saw in G1 were the "empties" -- faulty robots roaming the wastelands of Cybertron such as the Dead End. Megatron roamed here aimlessly for ages after this mind was damaged after being nearly killed at the destruction of the Space Bridge. It was only after seeing some hated Autobots trying to arrest a member of the Decepticon Sports Car Patrol (Blackjack?) that his mind was restored -- so the fact that he was in the Dead End for years before seeing an Autobot insignia suggests that many of the empties are probably factionless neutrals. The G1 cartoon never really fleshed out Cybertronian society in any such detail... it was pretty much just heroic Autobots vs evil Decepticons.

Other continuities have had different takes...
    + Beast Wars: Predacons were a politically under-represented class since the Decepticons lost the Great War.
    + Beast Machines: The Vehicons were the "master race." All else were deemed inferior and needed to be exterminated.
    + Armada (comics): Cybertron was a caste society; Autobots were a higher warrior noble class, and Mini-Cons were a lower peasant caste - so low that the Autobots didn't even notice that their villages were being razed and the Mini-Con population being abducted and enslaved by the Decepticons until it was too late. The Autobots were pretty insular in that they only cared about defending the subjects of their own jurisdictions. Mini-Cons have long felt that they were used as pawns by the 'higher' Autobot and Decepticon castes.
    + IDWverse: Roman-style senate, but with a seemingly corrupt ruling class and downtrodden worker class. Megatron came from this worker class (initially a miner) and formed the Decepticon movement to rise up against their Autobot oppressors, and Optimus Prime (Orion Pax) was a police officer working in a highly corrupt and brutal system.
    + Movieverse: Protector and civilian classes; Megatron ruled over the Protectors and Optimus Prime ruled over the civilians (headed by the Science Division). Both initially started off as equal, but the discovery of the AllSpark and Megatron's contact with the Fallen changed this.
    + Animated: Autobots appear to be a benevolent ruling class (although many civil liberties were suppressed under Sentinel Magnus).
    + Prime: caste system, similar to IDWverse, many downtrodden workers joined Megatron (Megatronus) in forming the Decepticon movement. Orion Pax was a sympathiser and initially joined Megatron, but later split from him.

What about the Japanese continuities?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Default Obliterator Colossus

hi allll, i recently just found my Obliterator Colossus, does anyone know much about this series or what the are worth.??