Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Legends Headmasters from Titans Return

TFW's Knoted did a head comparison of the toys and 'toons:

Man, I'm glad I have so much discipline with my collecting now, if I were 2004 me I would be totally broke and living in a tent from buying all the great stuff coming out now.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Great comparison. Hasbro seem to be going toy accuracy where Takara is going Headmaster series accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Great comparison. Hasbro seem to be going toy accuracy where Takara is going Headmaster series accurate.
    Hasbro always go for toy accurate over show accurate. They have done for years.

It makes sense for TakTomy to change the Headmaster heads to match the Headmasters cartoon that was shown in Japan. I expect we will see a new head for Chromedome and Brainstorm in the future.

This makes it a hard choice for me, I tend to favour Taktom versions as they don't skimp out on the paint job, and actually paint hubcaps and other details for a less cheap look, however when it comes to characters like Chromedome and Brainstorm, I'd kinda like IDW or US toon heads, I just hope the Chromedome that Hasbro showed at toy fair is still a testshot, because they didn't even bother painting Stylors head.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I am hoping that Takara do a headmaster head only pack. That would be ideal. I would buy like 3 of them!
    I doubt they will, but maybe Hasbro will release the heads as Titan masters with a silly vehicle repaint, that sounds like Hasbro, they get more money that way.

If they do then maybe the reverse will be true and we'll get proper deluxes for the other Titan masters. Chromedome look like he could be retooled into Nightbeat or Siren with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hasbro's Hardhead head is more G1 toy accurate (and remember that the toys came first), whereas TakaraTOMY's is more media-accurate. So both are G1 accurate, it just depends on which G1 source you're looking at. Both Generations and Legends Brainstorm feature G1 toy and US cartoon accurate heads (inspired by IDW) rather than being G1 anime-accurate.

I don't get Hasbro's Skullcruncher head though.
    I consider the media to be what counts as "G1-accurate". The toys often have very little in common with the cartoons I grew up with. See G1 Ironhide.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    It makes sense for TakTomy to change the Headmaster heads to match the Headmasters cartoon that was shown in Japan. I expect we will see a new head for Chromedome and Brainstorm in the future.

This makes it a hard choice for me.
    Why put yourself through all that stress and angst. As the girl in the taco/burrito ad says, Why not get both
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I consider the media to be what counts as "G1-accurate". The toys often have very little in common with the cartoons I grew up with. See G1 Ironhide.
    But that's because the toys came first. It's unfair to expect the G1 Ironhide toy to look like the cartoon when this toy was created and released before the Transformers franchise even existed (re: Diaclone). I understand that a lot of people have a fond attachment to the cartoon, and that's fine... but I don't think it's fair to criticise the G1 toys for not looking like something that didn't exist when they were created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Hasbro always go for toy accurate over show accurate. They have done for years.
    This always perplexes me when people remark on that. Hasbro have clearly always gone that way while Takara go the other way, it's only logical because otherwise they'd step on each others toes to much.

Hi-res scan of Figure King magazine from the The All Spark: