Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 314146474849505152535455566171 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

I don't get as much time to visit this thread as I'd like 'cos there is some awesome stuff in here.

Some of those TF shots could make great OTCA banner material...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Nice pics rampagesss and Deceptic_Optic.

Love the 'escape from rampagesss backyard' scenario for Snake and love the colour saturation on the Deadpool pics.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Love the Streetfighter pic VP. Did you use a bit of plastic for the reflective surface?
    It's actually a piece of glass placed on top of a black cloth.

"Shadow boxing"

[QUOTE=Vector Prime;266333]"Shadow boxing"
    QUOTE]

HA, I see what you did there.
    very nice, I love this thread, and I am planning on adding to it, just taking my time getting my $h1t together.

btw, fellas, I noticed your considering not continuing and waiting to see who else has a go. even though there aren't a massive number of posters, there are many many more people who come here just to bask in the quality of your work. don't stop now.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I agree with UltraMarginal, don't stop because of the lack of posts from others guys; give it time.

Here are my contributions for today:

Hey Hursti, I'm thinking of getting that upgrade set with the chrome, what are your thoughts on it?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Hey Hursti, I'm thinking of getting that upgrade set with the chrome, what are your thoughts on it?
    I'd highly recommend it dude, it makes the figure look that much better.
    *Note: Marked as for Ages 18+
    • First thought: The Katana and Dagger are F****** Sharp! - I fumbled the Katana and when I went to grab it I put only the slightest downward pressure on it and it punctured my thigh...
    • The materials used in the set's composition are of great quality and the chrome is excellently applied.
    • There isn't any cause for concern when sheathing the Katana or Dagger either as they are 1.5mm to 2mm smaller in dimension so there is plenty of clearance but be wary; as the blades are constructed using stiffer/harder plastics they would easily snap if you tried to bend them the way you can with hte original ones.
    • Inserting the weapons into his hands are far easier and safer as they slide into the hands as opposed to the originals "Go on, I dare you" approach.
    • The only real fiddly thing I found was removing the old head as you can't rotate it far enough to give a screw driver proper clearance to line-up and undo the screws, so inadvertently you'll end up burring the head of the screws a little.

Overall, an excellent set and I only hope that Headrobots will do more heads for more figures - I'm looking your way ROTF Mindwipe.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    HA, I see what you did there.
    very nice, I love this thread, and I am planning on adding to it, just taking my time getting my $h1t together.

btw, fellas, I noticed your considering not continuing and waiting to see who else has a go. even though there aren't a massive number of posters, there are many many more people who come here just to bask in the quality of your work. don't stop now.
    Look forward to some pics from you UM.

I take pics of all sorts of subjects so I'll take and contribute pics of toys when I feel inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I agree with UltraMarginal, don't stop because of the lack of posts from others guys; give it time.

Here are my contributions for today:

[IMG]--SNIP--[/IMG]
    Lovely pics Hursty!

I'm still amazed at the quality of your pics taken with a compact - get an SLR dude!

As reported here, I've discovered the world of Gundam today...

Last edited by Vector Prime; 21st September 2011 at 06:45 PM.

Wish I had photography skills like you. Even an old High Grade looks amazing in your photos.