Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beast Hunters and Generations toys rumoured to be canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Same. Although I would be all over a IDW Tailgate.
    Yeah I'd grab it too; but it's not as close to the G1 concept as Swerve, so I'll happily live without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I never saw him here once
    Er that's because Melbourne is dumb...

(okay, he wasn't _that_ common here, although he wasn't rare by any stretch)

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Er that's because Melbourne is dumb...

(okay, he wasn't _that_ common here, although he wasn't rare by any stretch)
    Haha, that gave me a good laugh. So many transformers I missed over the past couple of years, such a bummer.

Looking at Seibertron's pictures of whats at Toy Fair Swerve and Cosmos are being shown, no sign of the BH toys tho. Hope we can get some official word now.

Also they have Skrapnel, Tailgate, Gears, Acid Storm, etc, so it looks like Generations Legends are still a go and the source for this 'news' was saying absolutely nothing of note except that maybe Deluxe Bumblebee, Twinstrike, Smokescreen and Windrazor aren't coming out.

Yep I'd say that they wouldn't be on show at the toy fair if they were a cancelled line. I would suggest that this rumour has been debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Looking at Seibertron's pictures of whats at Toy Fair Swerve and Cosmos are being shown, no sign of the BH toys tho. Hope we can get some official word now.
    There is some awesome stuff though

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Could happen. Toyworld got a buttload of otherwise scarce late run Alternators.
    Remember coming across Alternators Nemesis Prime in some tiny Toyworld in a 3-shop town in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not to mention RtS Windcharger -- common as chips here, but I've heard it was hell rare in the States. Likewise Primus w/ Unicron head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I never saw him here once
    I only ever saw RTS Windcharger once, at a K-Mart, and there was only one on the shelf so grabbed him.

Yeah, the 'dumping ground' thing can work in our favour, but that doesn't help the stress levels of folk who are really hanging out for specific toys. Earlier this year I came across a DOTM Cyberverse Soundwave toy that I didn't even know existed in the toy section of a supermarket in Bendigo. Was thrilled but if I had known beforehand the figure existed and had really wanted it I would have been totally ticked off. And of course the dumping might not happen in places where the fans of these toys live.

It's a real shame for the older fans and collectors that the G1/IDW inspired line of Generations will take a backseat to the Movie Generations, though I suppose from a retail point of view it makes financial sense to the companies. They are likely to sell a lot more Slug toys over the next twelve months than Tailgates.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

It's a real shame for the older fans and collectors that the G1/IDW inspired line of Generations will take a backseat to the Movie Generations, though I suppose from a retail point of view it makes financial sense to the companies. They are likely to sell a lot more *bleep* toys over the next twelve months than Tailgates.
    I feel the same way. I wonder though, if they'll be the new Bumblebee of the franchise? They're practically being force fed everywhere across the demographics of the range

Now that the Prime Deluxes are out, this is definitely redundant - every single one of the toys has been released except for Skrapnel and Tailgate, who are on their way.