Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6777828384858687888990919297107 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

FatalityPitt Guest

Just looking at pictures of Legends Godbomber. My gosh, it has thumb and finger articulation!

Ten years of movie toys with hundreds of Bumblebees, and I only realise today that none are Voyagers.

Can we count the Human Alliance version as one?

TF2010 Deluxe Bumblebee was redecoed and released in Japan at the Voyager price point as AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee. So technically speaking there has been a Voyager Movie Bumblebee as there was a toy released at the Voyager price point. And the AoE Flip-and-Change Bumblebee was Voyager-sized, but I'm assuming not Voyager priced (I don't pay attention to these figures). But as far as a Movie Bumblebee toy that ticks all of the following boxes:
    □ Voyager size
    □ Voyager price
    □ Voyager-level design and engineering
    No, I do not believe that there has been a movie Bumblebee that fulfills all of those criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Can we count the Human Alliance version as one?
    I was looking for a recent Voyager Bumblebee to photograph next to the Cyber series Bumblebees (for size/price comparisons), and just couldn't find one.
    I saw the HA one, and thought about using it, but then thought that it would be hard to equate price-points, and it looks bigger than a Voyager anyway.

I was just amazed at the realisation that we've had 10 years of Movie toys, and the main feature character hasn't been released by Hasbro in Voyager class packaging/pricepoint by Hasbro in all that time.
    They don't mind inundating us with endless Deluxe and gimmick Bumblebee toys, as well as one-off over-sized (and over-priced) large size toys, but one of the main price-points has not been utilised (yet).

There is a suggestion that there might be a Voyager Bumblebee for TF5, and if that happens, it would be the first... but still, you'd think that with so many Bumblebee Movie toys, there would be one of every size class by now.
    I should do a count of the Movie Optimus and Bumblebee toys, to see who has the most over the last ten years.

I randomly watched Unicron death in the movie on youtube recently, and only on that viewing did I notice (for the first time ever) all of the autobots flying in space past Unicron's left shoulder after they exit his eye.

Gobsmacked I was
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    I randomly watched Unicron death in the movie on youtube recently, and only on that viewing did I notice (for the first time ever) all of the autobots flying in space past Unicron's left shoulder after they exit his eye.

Gobsmacked I was
    Heh... I'd never noticed that either. But there they are, floating away.
    I was always taken back by the sexy little reverse and peel Jazz does, even though there was nothing in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Heh... I'd never noticed that either. But there they are, floating away.
    I was always taken back by the sexy little reverse and peel Jazz does, even though there was nothing in front of him.
    Jazz just looked like he chucked it in reverse instead of first, too much of a rush to gtfo
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Was just browsing BBTS contemplating G2 Superion for the 20th time, as you do, and just noticed for the first time that the gun mode was Powerglide attached to the gun. I always assumed that Powerglide and the gun were multiple weapons on one super weapon. Needless to say my display with regular vanila Superion is now fixed.

I never watched the movie "Ted 2" (the first one was too crude to want to see the second one), but I found out today from comments about Mark Wahlberg being a guest at this year's Hascon, that him and Ted were trashing the actual Hasbro exhibit at NYCC in 2014 for that sequel film.
    I looked up some clips on youtube, but won't post up any links, as there is some coarse language in most of them... but if you want to have a look, do a search for something like "Ted 2 comic con". You can actually see the Transformers toy displays, with the TF4 movie toys and the giant Bumblebee statue.

Reading up on the plot synopsis, there is a big subplot involving Hasbro in the film, relating to the "toy" of Ted... fascinating. I think I'll have to see this movie now.