Page 32 of 154 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233343536374252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

lay buyed the speed racer grand prix race set from kmart today at the bargain price of $36

5522 for my nephews and 8294 and 8295 for myself from k-mart.

All incredibly cheap.

- $20 for 7704 Sonic Phantom but very very unhappy b/c of poor packaging which heavily dented the back of the box.
    - $16.88 for 7707 Striking Venom. From a Target that decided to finally clear them out. The box was actually already opened but fortunately all the bags appeared to be there. I actually thought I lost this a week or so ago. I remember telling Golden Phoenix about it and then kept forgetting to look for it till today.
    - $14.40 for 8159 Racer X from K-Mart on clearance too. Great price! Pity I couldn't find one of those Grand Prix sets but given the abundance of them on Target's shelves, I guess it'll be a matter of time before they become the next shelfwarmers.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Nice, my Sonic Phantom came today, got mine for $16 including postage, box was squashed and dented in everywhere, but I chuck them out anyway so doesn't bother me. It's a pretty awesome set.

Were there any more 7707s left at the Target? $17 is pretty awesome for that

North Melbourne-bot...?

Nah, that was the last one. It'd been sitting at Greensy for a few months now. (ever since Fungal helped Jaydisc and me get Golden Guardian and Bridgewalker). I'd passed on it b/c it seemed pretty average and not really a mech but I couldn't resist at that price point either.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

Great prices on those sets. Especially the Speed Racer sets. Blame the movie flopping at the cinemas for that eventhough it was actually a pretty good film. Have never actually gotten the Sonic Phantom for the fact that it's just a flying vehicle. Although it is a very large craft. The box deceptively makes it look small.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Nah, that was the last one. It'd been sitting at Greensy for a few months now. (ever since Fungal helped Jaydisc and me get Golden Guardian and Bridgewalker). I'd passed on it b/c it seemed pretty average and not really a mech but I couldn't resist at that price point either.
    Bugger, I'll check out a couple of Targets tomorrow, maybe they are clearing them out in a few places... Yeah, it's not great, but any Lego on clearance is usually worth it for the parts

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Bugger, I'll check out a couple of Targets tomorrow, maybe they are clearing them out in a few places... Yeah, it's not great, but any Lego on clearance is usually worth it for the parts
    Just so u don't waste time, none at Target Broadmeadows, Epping, Reservoir, Greensy, Chadstone, the Pines, Eastland/Ringwood, Fountain Gate and Forest Hill. I haven't been to all those that recently but when I was on a massive road trip around Melb hunting for 8103, none of those had them.

Just so u don't waste time, none at Target Broadmeadows, Epping, Reservoir, Greensy, Chadstone, the Pines, Eastland/Ringwood, Fountain Gate and Forest Hill. I haven't been to all those that recently but when I was on a massive road trip around Melb hunting for 8103, none of those had them.
    Haha yeah well you pretty much just crossed off the 4 closest to me that I was gonna check out in the first 4 that you mentioned.. What I meant to say was, they might be clearing out more Lego, not just that particular set, so I'll check them out for any sets that may be cheap

North Melbourne-bot...?

HOLY CRAP YOU GET AROUND MAN :P
    why dont you just ring first?