Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Im now reading the Mirror universe Star Trek comics from IDW

thats some good s**t boy! Murder, violence, big busty aliens treachery and my fave action-REVENGE!!!

its set in the evil mirror universe like tfs shattered glass, Mr spock has a goatee!

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Wait. You do know that Liefield created Deadpool, right?
    I think a lot of what we love about Deadpool came from the writers not the designer.

Got 'Deadpool Classic' TPB. Its a collection of early Deadpool stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Did you read Rob Liefeld's X-Force miniseries a couple of years ago? That was original X-Force... and it sucked!
    Was there a title called "original X-Force"? Or are you referring to the actual original X-Force consisting of Cable, Domino, Shatterstar (always thought he was a bad ass), Feral, Warparth, Cannonball and Boom- Boom (later Boomer)? because that was more then a couple of years ago that was 93-94. I still have "the X-Cutioners song" crossover that I still love reading. Also I didn't think original X-Force sucked. I really liked it. They were a real misfit bunch that had so many issues. But that is my opinion.

Was there someone else in the original line up? I think Siryn, Richter and Sunspot all joined at later dates.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Was there a title called "original X-Force"? Or are you referring to the actual original X-Force consisting of Cable, Domino, Shatterstar (always thought he was a bad ass), Feral, Warparth, Cannonball and Boom- Boom (later Boomer)? because that was more then a couple of years ago that was 93-94. I still have "the X-Cutioners song" crossover that I still love reading. Also I didn't think original X-Force sucked. I really liked it. They were a real misfit bunch that had so many issues. But that is my opinion.

Was there someone else in the original line up? I think Siryn, Richter and Sunspot all joined at later dates.
    I was referring to the 2003(?) X-Force miniseries. It was drawn (and written?) by Rob Liefeld and had the original X-Force cast, and since he was the first artist too it was the closest to the original 1991 X-Force comics that we've seen in a while.

Yep your list is the original X-Force lineup (although Domino was actually an imposter). When the others, like Siryn, Rictor and Sunspot joined it kind of became New Mutants again though. I liked X-Force most straight after X-Cutioner's Song (but the costumes were awful!). But I loved Milligan/Allred's take on X-Force/X-Statix much more because it was just so different from any past or present X-Men comic.

That's right Domino was an imposter. Another storyline involving everyones favourite Deadpool

I was always upset at Cable for letting Gideon take Sunspot ecause he knew he wasn't the immortal. Let some innocent young guy fry at the hands of a nutcase while I have the actual immortal.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

i am a comic newbie, what is the best comic to start off reading that is avaiable in a paperback collection book.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    i am a comic newbie, what is the best comic to start off reading that is avaiable in a paperback collection book.
    Watchmen.

i meant for tfs
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Autobreadticon if you can get a copy of the War Within collection start there... as it's the very beginning of the Transformers war.

And no not Watchmen for a comic newbie! Thats good but not a newbie book at all.