Thread: Rubiks Transformers coming soon

Default Rubiks Transformers coming soon

Another crossover that might actually make sense, between two of the most famous puzzle toys since the 80s - Rubiks and Transformers.

Not much is yet known about this item (or items), but what we know so far is that the robot head is the Rubiks "cube", and when you form the head, it attaches to the body to look like one of those bobbleheads (oversized head on a small body).
    I don't know what the puzzle-head turns into (maybe a cube, or maybe just the robot head parts are a jumble that you need to move around to make the proper looking head)... and I don't know if there will be other characters aside from the Optimus that has been shown.

Still... this looks like it could be a nice novelty item to add to the collection, and it is made by Hasbro, so isn't a licensed item by some other business (which could be a good thing).

I'm a bit surprised that there have been no promotional photos of the process of the toy? so far it feels like a bit of a nasty gimmick.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatran Guest

I'm a sucker for these gimmicky stuff. Now, if only there's a Megatron as well. But if they did another character aside from Optimus it'll probably be Bumblebee. Always two there are. A master and an apprentice.

A couple of new images on the HasbroToyShop, showing that it is an 8 part "cube" (2x2), so really easy for the younger kids (as well as us grown-ups who had trouble working out the regular Rubiks Cube, which was just the next size up with 3X3 squares).

The product has a US retail of $13, so if it comes here it would probably be about AU$20.

The description still refers to a plural of Puzzleheads, so either there are more Transformers ones to come, or this is just the single Transformers one being done, and other toyline characters will be done as well.

(doing a bit of research, this is not a new concept, as there was a Simpsons head done around 2001, as well as a Darth Maul, R2-D2, and BB8 done for Star Wars, and maybe some Warner Bros ones as well, but each of those look to have been by Rubiks... this Transformers one is Hasbro looking to do their own series copying the pre-existing head concept)