Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Rumored) G1 Rodimus Prime & Sideswipe Reissues

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Everyone has a different perception of perfect. I believe my children are perfect but others would not.
    ^ I gotta agree with this comment.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

Sideswipe's up for pre-order people

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Everyone has a different perception of perfect. I believe my children are perfect but others would not.
    Let's put aside the remote possibility that Gok and others were really unlucky with their Encore Devastars for a minute and that their experience is unfortunately the exception. I think a key point is that we base our standards on our own experiences. People who might never have owned Devy and might only have had KOs will find this as a step up. Good on them for having that awesome opportunity.

However some people have either owned Devy recently or owned him previously and so they're going to be setting the bar based on that.

Gok said it himself- there is an inferiority there when you compare both lots of plastic, and so when you compare it to past releases, there is a difference.

That's the thing- acceptable depends on what standards you know to set for something. People who have either never experienced playing with the original Devastator, or have experienced it so long ago that it's a distant memory, are going to be in a far less ideal place to draw a comparison on the quality of the reissue, than someone who either has the original in front of them or has handled one recently, than someone who hasn't.

The upshot of this is, should people who have never had a Devy be over the moon to have something? Sure, as something is better than nothing in cases like this.

But at the same time, it's entirely accurate for those with informed opinions (not saying those people are stupid or anything, just that they lack those experiences) to say that the reissue is sub par and people wanting quality should fork out money on the originals.

I only have a passing interest for Rodimus as I have my original G1 Sideswipe, however for US$ 47.90 + postage, I'm probably better off getting the MP from TRU.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I just got the Hasbro reissue from Toys R Us when it came out here. The Hasbro is pretty much a perfect reissue - dead on replica of the original with rubber tyres. Hasbro didn't remove any chrome and of course, missiles is a non-issue for Rodimus Prime. But of course, TRU's reissues were pretty expensive - about $75 when it first came out... I got mine on sale when TRU finally reduced the price of their shelfwarming reissues. Think I paid $60-65 IIRC...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I just got the Hasbro reissue from Toys R Us when it came out here. The Hasbro is pretty much a perfect reissue - dead on replica of the original with rubber tyres. Hasbro didn't remove any chrome and of course, missiles is a non-issue for Rodimus Prime. But of course, TRU's reissues were pretty expensive - about $75 when it first came out... I got mine on sale when TRU finally reduced the price of their shelfwarming reissues. Think I paid $60-65 IIRC...
    You're talking about the book reissue right? If so, I had this too. One of only a handful of reissues in my collection, Rodimus was indeed dead set perfect. Quality was on par with a vintage G1 and an excellent display piece inside the book. Think I paid about $50 for a MISB one off ebay?

@ $47.90US + postage for this reissue I don't think is too bad, considering it costs twice as much for a boxed vintage original.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    You're talking about the book reissue right? If so, I had this too. One of only a handful of reissues in my collection, Rodimus was indeed dead set perfect. Quality was on par with a vintage G1 and an excellent display piece inside the book. Think I paid about $50 for a MISB one off ebay?
    Yeah, Commemorative Series Rodimus Prime. The book-box isn't that great (IMO - the Pat Lee-esque box art is quite forgettable) - but the toy itself is fantastic.

Piccies:
    Box front
    Box back

Are there pictures of these new reissues?

BBTS just had pics of the toy (no help) and RK has pics of the Hasbro reissues from years ago.

Unless this new release are in the same packaging as those? (Which means laziness or overstock from the factory or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    BBTS just had pics of the toy (no help) and RK has pics of the Hasbro reissues from years ago.

Unless this new release are in the same packaging as those? (Which means laziness or overstock from the factory or something?)
    I think they're packaged like the Commemorative Series Reissues. I also noticed that BBTS has updated the Reissue Rodimus order page, and removed the note saying that they don't know what the packaging looks like.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!