Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: January's stuff

Mutant mask!? So is that like a rage thing for more skills. I like the side picks of reptilion, razorclaw and silverbolt. and some kind of club/mace/morning-star/skull thing.
    Now ,do I break the tape, I don't think i can.

I think they were just meant to intimidating battle masks for when they charge into battle.

You should totally open him. He's not that old and resale won't be that great. So open him up and enjoy the BW goodness!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Alright!!. I'll f#$%ing do it man! I'll open him. ( I need to collect another line like I need a hole in the head) ..... Here goes.....We need a smiley with a look of concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Thanks to SkyShadow... My First TF Purchases for the Year...

*snip*

Botcon Animated Sideswipe and Fisitron....
    Ooh! - Congratulations Sharky!
    Are these also the 1st 'new' figures to enter the new collection room?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Slow month, which is good.

So far: IDW Collection volume 5.

US Classics vol 2 (new edition).

And MTMTE Ongoing 1 (My LCS only had the one cover, Hot Rod. Arcee surprised me by picking me up a Ratchet cover at her LCS. )
    Congrats on the heap of literature dude, you must have quite an extensive library from the sounds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Auto Assembly 2011 key ring for me TFA glass cabinet key.

*snip*
    How incredibly suiting and adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Good to see a few more rocks for your collection Hursticon. ( you must just about have all of series 1 by now!! (how good does jiggerrock look, sorry tombstone...) Bit jealous of that comic and instructions. Why they didn't include a comic in the aussie releases i'll never know..
    Cheers man!
    Indeed, the only ones that I still need are:
    • Nuggit (Series 1 then complete )
    • Brimstone
    • Slimestone
    • Stoneheart (Series 2 then complete )
    • Saberstone
    • Spearhead
    • Sunstone (Series 3 then complete )

Then it's onto the Shock Rocks, Action Shock Rocks, Fossil Combiner Team & The Narlies...
    So there's still some life in my Rocklords collecting yet!

That cicada looks good in err.. cicada mode.. As a bot reminds me of someone in period costume. you know, like renaissance or baroque or something.. . . . nice tights.... Shall we dance... To the death...But that's what i was going to wear...
    Sorry, everytime i look at him i think of a new phrase coming out of his mouth
    So long as the next line isn't: "You are now carrying my child...".

Thanks man, he really is a cool figure and though I already owned him, my own had busted sword/missile pegs which necessitated his purchase but it really didn't take much more convincing as General Cicadacon, along with his other Council Members, is just such a sweet figure but so too are the rest of the trio of figures; I honestly don't mind having doubles of them because of that, although I'd really prefer to get my hands on a complete Tripledacus...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Like "Terminate. With extreme prejudice." I quite like Cicadacon's robot mode - the best looking out of the Tripredacus Councillors IMHO. Overall Tripredacus is one rockin' set of sweet figures though.
    Couldn't agree with you more dude although I'm quite partial to General Sea Clamp too, poor old General Ramhorn is the worst but then he also sacrifices the most for the Council's combining ability.
    If only Mainframe had had the time to replicate the proper models into the show eh?
    (It'd of been even cooler if they'd been able to narratively work in both Gestalts too )

I see. I didn't realize he was part of a combiner. so he is basically the Magnaboss opposite.. ?
    Oh yeah dude, Tripredacus & Magnaboss truly embody the terms Gestalt/Combiner better than any that came before or after, I still love the G1 guys though as after all the Technology has to start somewhere eh?, if only HasTak could see it in their collective intestinal fortitudes to reawaken this seemingly dormant gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Spot on. None of these Voltron-esk combiners of G1 when it came to BW, give me some impossible combination!
    I love these guys incredibly too, but I do still like the obsolete technologies of the G1 gestalts from both an aesthetic and narrative stand point as they really parallel the advancement of RL PC Technologies - Cybertronian Robotics is a hugely rich Sci-Fi playground to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    Haven t posted on here for awhile so i thought id show off Roadbuster. Ive been lucky with my local Big W. Roadbuster was the only one of his kind on the shelf this week and last week i managed to get a deluxe Topspin that i was sure i would never ever find locally!
    Glad to see your post dude, hopefully it's a sign of more to come?
    Congrats on the acquisition dude.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Ok thanks to Zippo and Logician for the littluns and the extra Gen Cyclonus. Also posting pic of prev mentioned Cyberverse Shockwave and Legion Topspin. And finally caved and got the Deluxe versions of the Wreckers Topspin and Roadbuster, shame they aint making the 3rd fella in Deluxe size, but that's Hasbro for yah...

*snip*
    You're not slowing up on these hauls huh Liege?
    Congrats on the newest acquisitions mate, you'd of almost bought all the DOTM stuff by now yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    So Griffin told me he was going to revoke my membership if I didn't buy some new figures. Since I value my otca membership highly, I ran out and quickly bought the first bit off rubbish I could find...

*snip*
    Hehe, I lol'd good at that one dude.
    Glad you're enjoying them too!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I personally miss the days when we had awesome gestalt toys like Magnaboss, Tripredacus, JRX/Railracer and BuildKing/Landfill.
    I'm with you Goki; I'd really like to see some modern equivalents too as someone who has owned 3 of the 4 you've mentioned here although can Buildking/Landfill really be counted?, seeing as though he/they were figures who were lumped into TFs as they were too far into production at the time when Takara decided to can Brave (Their originally intended franchise ).

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Thanks to mknells sighting, nabbed myself a Hunt for the Cons Leader Prime with hooks.

Don't have a leader movie prime, so fills a hole, plus it was dirt cheap for $25.

Now to see if it was worth it!
    Congratulations man, that really is a stunning bargain for that toy and it's size class!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberwing View Post
    First Acquisitions of the year:
    Cyberverse Hatchet, battle steel OP, Shockwave Fusion Tank and Masterpiece Rodimus

Still looking for Guzzle though?
    Ooh yeah, very nice find with Hatchet dude, as with Rodimus and the others.
    (I really dig Hatchet )

All this talk about BW I thought I'd see what tf's were left at the local antique store.
    This was the last of them (bar 2 role playing swords). Why does he have 2 faces in robot mode? looks solid though.
    I absolutely adore this figure, just not that particular one's deco , as it has awesome proportions and is armed to the teath - as a Humanoid Robot it has no equal... Which is also why it cops so much flak too as it to some people barely even transforms but as a purely fun Toy it has few equals.

Alright!!. I'll f#$%ing do it man! I'll open him. ( I need to collect another line like I need a hole in the head) ..... Here goes.....We need a smiley with a look of concentration.
    Do it!, Do it!, Do it!, Do it!, Do it!, Do it!

Geigerrock-2: Many of the early Beast Wars toys came with alternate mutant robot heads or masks. If you look at the way Tarantulas and Blackarachnia appear in Season 1 - they have different looking heads despite the fact Blackarachnia is a straight up repaint of Tarantulas. This is because Tarantulas' show model uses his "mutant" head configuration whereas Blackarachnia uses the "robot" head config.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more dude although I'm quite partial to General Sea Clamp too, poor old General Ramhorn is the worst but then he also sacrifices the most for the Council's combining ability.
    If only Mainframe had had the time to replicate the proper models into the show eh?
    (It'd of been even cooler if they'd been able to narratively work in both Gestalts too )
    That would only happen if Hasbro told them to. All the toys that appeared in the BW cartoon only did so at Hasbro's behest. It's possible that Hasbro never asked Mainframe to put Tripredacus into the cartoon, but Mainframe needed to create some characters to dispatch Ravage and took advantage of the Tripredacus characters.

I imagine that one thing that would have discouraged Hasbro from asking Mainframe to introduce gestalts into the cartoon would have been the cost... having to build three or six new Transformers - each with two character models (one for each mode) and then on top of that a third model where they transform and merge into Magnaboss and Tripredacus... I know that the Transmetals had their third vehicle modes in the show, but let's face it, they're just modified configurations of their beast modes really (doesn't cost that much to say add some jets, wings and a tailfin on Cheetor for his flight mode). Getting Transformers to drastically transform and combine wouldn't come cheap I imagine.

Oh yeah dude, Tripredacus & Magnaboss truly embody the terms Gestalt/Combiner better than any that came before or after, I still love the G1 guys though as after all the Technology has to start somewhere eh?, if only HasTak could see it in their collective intestinal fortitudes to reawaken this seemingly dormant gimmick.
    +1.

I'm with you Goki; I'd really like to see some modern equivalents too as someone who has owned 3 of the 4 you've mentioned here although can Buildking/Landfill really be counted?, seeing as though he/they were figures who were lumped into TFs as they were too far into production at the time when Takara decided to can Brave (Their originally intended franchise ).
    Whether BuildKing/Landfill is a "shoe horned" gestalt or not, the end result is still the same... four Autobots who can combine into a gestalt robot (with different limb configurations) and with fully self contained gestalt parts.

You're not slowing up on these hauls huh Liege?
    Congrats on the newest acquisitions mate, you'd of almost bought all the DOTM stuff by now yeah?
    Nah coz Ive got a feeling that these will be phased out as soon as TF Prime hits the shelves, then it'll be harder to find them... Im only collecting extensively the Cyberverse ones for the DOTM.... only getting a few deluxes of the line which I like - e.g. Laserbeak, the Wreckers and prolly Soundwave , depends when I see him if I like it... also I had a quiet December so I guess Im making up for it hehehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks to Verno, much of my BW collection has been expanded.

Ultra Optimus Primal
    Ultra Megatron
    Mega B'Boom
    Deluxe Tarantulus
    Deluxe Wolfang
    Deluxe K-9
    Deluxe Bonecrucher
    Basic Optimus Minor
    Basic Scarem
    Basic Insecticon
    Basic Terrorsaur

Only a couple figures short of the full show cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Thanks to Verno, much of my BW collection has been expanded.

Ultra Optimus Primal
    Ultra Megatron
    Mega B'Boom
    Deluxe Tarantulus
    Deluxe Wolfang
    Deluxe K-9
    Deluxe Bonecrucher
    Basic Optimus Minor
    Basic Scarem
    Basic Insecticon
    Basic Terrorsaur

Only a couple figures short of the full show cast!
    Seraphim mate, I am mightily impressed!
    Bloody well done man

Seraphim mate, I am mightily impressed!
    Bloody well done man
    Cheers man. Terrorsaur doesn't come around often, particularly in the condition that Verno's was in. Wolfang has been a bit of desired item since wanting him as a kid. All I'm missing from the show cast now is the original Cheetor, Rattrap, and Blackarachnia.

<snip> ...although I'd really prefer to get my hands on a complete Tripledacus... [/SIZE]
    Hmm...interesting.
    Check your PMs dude.