Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise season 2: #28 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Also more table flipping.
    ^agree

The last few issues are the most lines I've ever seen Cosmos have in comics ever - he can be a funny weird little dude

Liked issue #35 - for some reason I always like to see Sideswipe use his jetpack - I was really dissapointed that the MP SS didn't come with one. The Constructicons have really fallen into being Prowls posse big time. Can't wait to see them smoosh Spike!

I'm looking forward to seeing what TC does with what he discovered on the island...

The solicits for April ruin any "suspense" you may have about the outcome of the next few issues.

Galvatron and Arcee have a good bit of page time, and it throws a wrinkle into things that I quite like. I see we still have Prowl saying Scrapper all the time and I am unsure of if anything he said to Spike was true or not.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It was kinda interesting to see that Scoop nicked the Enigma of Combination and hightailed it back to Cybertron to give it to Screamer. I was wondering why Scoop had fallen in with Galvatrons crew - it had felt very shoehorned in, in that since they had the Constructicons aligning with Prowl and Megs co-captianing an Autobot ship that they had better have at least one Autobot joining the other team. But now with the whole "Scoop believing Starscream is the chosen one" thing it makes more sense that he did it just to get something for Screamer rather than suddenly believing Con doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It was kinda interesting to see that Scoop nicked the Enigma of Combination and hightailed it back to Cybertron to give it to Screamer. I was wondering why Scoop had fallen in with Galvatrons crew - it had felt very shoehorned in, in that since they had the Constructicons aligning with Prowl and Megs co-captianing an Autobot ship that they had better have at least one Autobot joining the other team. But now with the whole "Scoop believing Starscream is the chosen one" thing it makes more sense that he did it just to get something for Screamer rather than suddenly believing Con doctrine.
    it's interesting, he believe that Scream is the chosen one, but (seems to) have no respect for Starscream at all...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    it's interesting, he believe that Scream is the chosen one, but (seems to) have no respect for Starscream at all...
    I think it's because he's more loyal to whatever divine forces that he believes in that chose Starscream. So I guess from Scoop's POV, Starscream is merely a conduit through which some higher power operates. It's interesting how Scoop and Star Sabre are both religious nutters in the IDWverse, but nutty in entirely different ways.

I like how this issue kept on playing around with the whole mass-shifting gimmick. I also loved this line...
    "I'd've loved this in 1991, but living in a John Woo movie is still pretty nice..." - G.B. Blackrock
    ^a reference to another time when Blackrock witnessed an epic battle of titans.

Question

Aw man I haaaate Ramondelli's art style. *sulks*

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Aw man I haaaate Ramondelli's art style. *sulks*
    I agree. Everything's so... chunky. No where near as bad as Pat Lee though, but still... every time I look at Marissa Fairborne's face I keep thinking, "dat chin."

I don't mind ramondellis art style, but for this issue, I wish we had a regular ongoing artist on board. His style does not suit Windblade and I think a different artist would do a superior job highlighting the differences between Cybertronians and Camians.

Having Swindle be the main narrator was interesting, as was the motivation... Get rich quick. What a lovely way to start the war.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)