Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: need help looking for beast wars characters

The Armada Dinobots were sold as Wal*Mart exclusives in the U.S. I never saw them here - were they even released here?

Anyway, here's what they look like...

Grimlock (repaint of Beast Wars Grimlock) & Terranotron (repaint of Terrorsaur)

Snarl (repaint of Sabreback) & Sludge (repaint of Sling)

Triceradon (repaint of Guiledart) & Slapper (repaint of Bazooka)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme
    I have a Grimlock & Swoop but im pretty sure they are Energon series.
    If you're talking about the Grimlock and Swoop that merge into Mega Dinobot, then yes, that's from Energon. Those are really craptacular toys too. :/

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy
    hey i had another look at predacon back over in seibertron, does his trex head glow in the dark? it just looks like it should
    Nope. But Hasbro has a penchant for using really bright colours.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn
    before that, thought it had already extincted!
    Transformers has never been extinct. It's always been in production since 1984.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Transformers has never been extinct. It's always been in production since 1984.
    It nearly became extinct thanks to G2...

I dunno... I think the closest Transformers ever came to extinction was in 1991, 1992 and early 1993 - the tail end of G1. While it's true that G2 was never a raging success I don't think that it was as bad as those final years of G1. IMO Hasbro quickly realised that G2 wasn't working and rightfully canned the line after 3 years giving us Beast Wars, which was a smashing success and revitalised the franchise. Beast Wars = Transformers Renaissance.

Actually, Pulse is right - G2 nearly did signal the death (again) of the line. Hasbro actually out and out cancelled the Transformers line when they wound up G2. Kenner - then a proper subsiduary of Hasbro - actually went out on a limb with Beast Wars.

Predacon was fairly easy to find, although not because he was released here in huge numbers. Rather, he was a slow seller. The supply was limited, and now that it's dried up, he's hard to find. Actionmasters are similar - low demand but also low supply.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Being that Hasbro owns the rights to another line that has "died" (ie. Gobots), if Hasbro were to release "Gobots/Rocklords Classics" - I wonder if they would actually sell...

"Transforming Rocks? What a brilliant idea!"

Kuzzy, which Tarantulus were you after?

WAve 1, Transmetal, Fox Kids Transmetal, 10th anniversary? I might be able to get a transmetal one, minus the pizza cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The Armada Dinobots were sold as Wal*Mart exclusives in the U.S. I never saw them here - were they even released here?

Anyway, here's what they look like...

Grimlock (repaint of Beast Wars Grimlock) & Terranotron (repaint of Terrorsaur)

Snarl (repaint of Sabreback) & Sludge (repaint of Sling)

Triceradon (repaint of Guiledart) & Slapper (repaint of Bazooka)

it's coming to town :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Being that Hasbro owns the rights to another line that has "died" (ie. Gobots), if Hasbro were to release "Gobots/Rocklords Classics" - I wonder if they would actually sell...

"Transforming Rocks? What a brilliant idea!"
    I dunno, if they are cheap I would probably just buy a couple for the sake of novelty and the stupid @ss concept is pretty amusing.

However most of those rocks do not actually look like rocks....I guess they have an appropriately trademarked name if they wanted to bring back Rocklords...

I remember my Mates & I being young & dumb back in Primary School & we used to say to each other "Let me know if this is as painful as a real rock"

hehehhe, always see this for sale in Parramatta fair in Wicksters lot - not interesting at ALL, "turdlords" is more like it
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]