Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Climate change: Anthropogenic (human activity) or natural course of events?

Galvatran Guest

Default Climate change: Anthropogenic (human activity) or natural course of events?

Global warming / climate change is a hot topic (pardon the pun) with global consequences. We hear the Earth's surface temperature has been steadily increasing over decades; greater frequency & severity of extreme weather patterns. So, is human activity to blame or is the phenomenon of climate change a natural event?

Or is it a religion?

It is a natural progression (the earth is not in statis) that human activity is greatly impacting upon. If temperature change is cyclical we are possibly skewing it out of that cycle. But either way, increasing the rate of temperature change decreases the ability of habitats and life to evolve, and in nature when things suddenly stop, shit hits the fan.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

This is the last thread we need.

I expect many minds to be changed by this thread.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Lol

First filter out the following groups:

politicians
    religious groups
    armchair experts
    media personalities
    corporations/individuals with a financial interest at stake
    attention seekers
    People who want to keep their head in the sand

Now go find evidence written by actual experts in climate science. Observe the majority opinion of this group of people.

The answer will then be presented to you.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Just like the frequent reversal of the magnetic poles over millions of years, the global temperature goes through waves/cycles of temperature changes, rising and falling 8-10 degrees during each cycle (each cycle is about 100 thousand years), and we have been in a rising phase since before humans existed.
    I'm more worried about the pollution factor (which is a component of the global warming debate), as pollution has an effect on weather patterns (droughts, storms, etc), but not planet-wide warming, as the warming has been happening quite often, well before Humans walked the earth.
    (not to mention, it's air/land/sea pollution probably kills more people than heatwaves do, and most human-made carbon emissions are usually a component of something toxic - deal with the toxic emissions first because we can all agree that they are bad for us and the environment, and then worry about carbon later, which is the debated element)

Most climate change comes down to all those schemes of the Decepticons to steal our planet's energy.

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Most climate change comes down to all those schemes of the Decepticons to steal our planet's energy.

Or something.
    The havok of climate change was played out during the Stonehenge scenes of Michael Bay’s Transformers swansong and future classic, The Last Knight. If we want to prevent more death, like which took the great Sir Anthony Hopkins, we must stand together as Americans and laze the climate change and blow it to hell.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Or is it a religion?
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    This is the last thread we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Or something.
    Guys. I expected more maturity from Deluxe members.

I'm in the man-made climate change camp. The latest evidence is clear cut. The recent extreme weather pattern known as Stormy Daniels proves beyond a doubt that it is caused by humans. There is nothing natural with the appearance of Stormy Daniels.

And digressing, we've been told the Earth is round. Having seen footage today of Conor McGregor, I'm convinced the Earth is not round but actually an octagon.
    Last edited by Galvatran; 7th April 2018 at 06:36 AM.