Thread: Kal El Reviews: FansProject Function X-2 UUUU (Weirdwolf)

Default Kal El Reviews: FansProject Function X-2 UUUU (Weirdwolf)

Video review of FansProject Function X-2 UUUU (Weirdwolf)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHVuN...O7P6ta0oxNwf9Q

Fantastic figure! Even with my bias towards headmasters :P A well articulated and a great update to the Generation 1 Weirdwolf.

The Headmaster is great, standard shoulders and legs articulation with great styling. Though you must be careful with the visor during transformation.

My only issues with the figure are, the balance can be a little tricky. I fell the heels need to be slightly longer. Also a little extra outward movement in the shoulders and hips wouldn't hurt but not crucial.

Overall a great figure and I highly recommend it. Also looking forward Fansproject's next release Smart robin.

Stay Tuned

Full Gallery Here:
    http://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/20...w-and-gallery/

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Bumping this because I want some opinions...

Now that we have the apparently-very-good Titans Return Wolfwire, how do they stack up against each other?
    There's a cheapish pre-owned UUUU in one of the hobby shops in Osaka, and I'm wondering whether to pick it it before I head back to Oz or just grab a TR Wolfwire (who I rather like the look of) sometime instead.
    I like Wolfwire's wolf mode better (plus he has, you know, an actual gun), but the headmaster and claws-for-hands design on UUUU looks pretty cool. I don't have any FansProject Headmasters yet so I don't really know about the quality of the line in general.
    Is UUUU worth the ~2x price tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Bumping this because I want some opinions...

Now that we have the apparently-very-good Titans Return Wolfwire, how do they stack up against each other?
    There's a cheapish pre-owned UUUU in one of the hobby shops in Osaka, and I'm wondering whether to pick it it before I head back to Oz or just grab a TR Wolfwire (who I rather like the look of) instead.
    Plastic quality is much better, there is most posability on this figure compared to the Titan Returns version. Hmm the only thing lacking in this one is the Gun, there is no gun compared to that of the TR version as well. Price is good now because not alot of people are wanting these since MP versions are coming out soon

UUUU is top notch quality in terms of plastic quality and transformation. Just feels better in hand. I like the unusual transformation of the legs on him....

UUUU is a superior toy, but that's not a criticism of the official WeirdWolf which is awesome in its own way. The official one has the restrictions of being a toy made to a certain standard for a certain price point, for the mass market.

I'm a fan of the Fansproject stuff, even though as a company, they've sort of lost their way in recent years.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

The TR figure is bloody excellent, QC issues aside.

I still am immensely tempted to grab one of these whenever they come up for sale on here. I've successfully talked myself out of the last 3 that popped up in the last 8 months or so.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.