Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMC Ocular Max Not-Hoist

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I admit, I finally given up on waiting on Takara to come up with the popular MPs and decided to finish up my collection once I get a hound, jazz and mirage
    I've got a FansToys Willis and an Ocular Max Sphinx sitting very nicely on my shelf!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I've got a FansToys Willis and an Ocular Max Sphinx sitting very nicely on my shelf!
    I should actually take fantoys willis.

Is he agile as well ?

After having badcube on hand and watched mmc version of trailbreaker, I am still happy with badcube.

Yes mmc is easier to transform but I felt badcube version looks very toon accurate for me. I think partially I don't like mmc chrome on the guns.
    Overall I can see people taking mmc base of transformation alone.
    But after transforming twice I didn't felt overly bugged as I did with TT tracks.

Not sure if fantoys is better but to be honest you should be fine with either one imo.

Gotten Lorry Badcube. aka Hoist mp

There are some minor nicks.

The tow hook should have a lock, found it coming out when transforming.
    The legs are quite a fiddle, in fact these were the challenging parts in transforming him. Head sculpt looks good, height is slightly shorter than Trailbreaker (Speed Bump), but again the legs don't feel as solid as how Trailbreaker was.

Colours are pretty good, Badcube does make their bots to fit in nicely with MP line.

Worth buying?
    In honesty, I didn't had any interest in Hoist or Trailbreaker hence these were more like for fun. The quality is there, the plastic doesn't look cheap, the paint job is good.

However I feel that paying above $100 for this piece is a bit expensive.
    As people pointed in vehicle mode the lower side exposed the side steps not really being nicely done.

I give this figure a 7/10. Did not care one bit about the other accessories.

Happy to see people having the MMC versions to post their thoughts.
    Last edited by drifand; 14th February 2017 at 11:13 AM.

Got Artifex today. Very happy with him (though he does have a floppy foot but seems widespread). I like the range of options he comes with in regards to style: you can taper his torso or leave it square, adjustable length forearms, side or head mounted holo projector, hands, missiles or hammers accessories, 3 different heads. Plus a good chunk is diecast.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I should transform mine too. Both of them. Finding the time to appreciate them is hard