Page 139 of 168 FirstFirst ... 119129134135136137138139140141142143144149159 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1679

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Over the holidays I finally got a chance to transform my Maketoys Protectobots into Guardia. Behold.....

I must say that he went together a lot easier than Quantron did. Not-Hotspot had a few difficulties until I You Tubed a video which informed me to trim a few tabs (something I am always nervous about doing on such an expensive toy), after that everything went together smoothly. I am very impressed and happy with him, Defensor was always my favourite combiner so I wanted him to be good and I was not disappointed. I like him as much as I like my Green Giant 61. Kudos to Maketoys.
    Spiderken Away!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That is a very nice defensor

I got my yesmodel ramjet on Tuesday. It's so very solid and all tabs together really well, and doesn't shake apart when you pick it up in bot mode. More than i can say for my takara version

How does it scale to the other MP jets?
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Over the holidays I finally got a chance to transform my Maketoys Protectobots into Guardia. Behold.....

I must say that he went together a lot easier than Quantron did. Not-Hotspot had a few difficulties until I You Tubed a video which informed me to trim a few tabs (something I am always nervous about doing on such an expensive toy), after that everything went together smoothly. I am very impressed and happy with him, Defensor was always my favourite combiner so I wanted him to be good and I was not disappointed. I like him as much as I like my Green Giant 61. Kudos to Maketoys.
    Nice

What video? I have Vulcan (haven't opened him yet) and will be picking up the others over the year.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

How does it scale to the other MP jets?
    The yesmodels are the same size as all the mp11's

May scale right, but to me they just don't look as good

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    May scale right, but to me they just don't look as good
    To me the wings look a little off compared to the takara version, but they sure as crap are a lot better in hand than has/tak versions
    Ive got hasbro, takara , bb7 (yes model) and toy world versons

The toyworld is the most solid , then bb7 and then a long way back in the pack are the has/tak floppy buggers . I really do wish the has/tak ones were the best to hold but they just arent

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Nice

What video? I have Vulcan (haven't opened him yet) and will be picking up the others over the year.
    I cant remember which one specifically. I just searched you tube until i found one that told me what i wanted to hear.
    Spiderken Away!

Thanks for the thoughts! I'll need to chase up on this one too.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I grabbed GT-J4ZZ from Robotkingdom at the beginning of the month.

It's an interesting figure. It feels more like an updated Alternator than a Masterpiece, not necessarily in a bad way as I feel that the search for cartoon accuracy has meant that Masterpiece figures are more and more afraid of being actual transforming robot toys.

No MAJOR QC foibles but there are three loose pin joints on mine - the upper arm bicep joint is loose on both arms and the right side car door is loose and flaps around in robot mode.

If I can figure out how to fix those I doubt I'll put this figure down for a long time - it's a real winner otherwise.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.