Page 142 of 168 FirstFirst ... 122132137138139140141142143144145146147152162 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1679

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got Maketoys MTRM-09 Downbeat today

very very nice figure, feels great in hand and quite hefty. first transformation from alt to bot was fun but a little tricky, but was easy as pie the 2nd and 3rd times. i love this thing and it looks great on my shelf

i got downbeat on friday, as much as i love the figure the lower leg transformation sucks
    My sales thread: LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by leej84 View Post
    i got downbeat on friday, as much as i love the figure the lower leg transformation sucks
    I feel the same. Doesn't hold together well with his leg panels. But he does look great though

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I feel the same. Doesn't hold together well with his leg panels. But he does look great though
    I had that experience the first time the institutions are a bit worthless when it comes to the leg. You have to stretch out to get the clearances right then put it back together again. Once I worked it out and did it the second and subsequent times it worked a charm though. Mine locks up fine every transformation since.

While the legs are a bit tricky, I enjoy the top half transformation so much I can get by it. Overall I'm smitten this is my favourite rendition an Autobot car by a 3rd party. If I didn't know there was an official Megatron coming out, I'd be buying Maketoys version based on the strength of this toy.

Can't wait for Contact Shot.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Got Ocular Max Hoist/Trailbreaker over the past two weeks, not too impressed, but they'll do their job. Trailbreaker will go back to being displayed in vehicle mode, he's great. Hoist however has a floppy foot, floppy wheels (where they attach, that wont stay extended at the front, wont stay vertical at the back, keep coming out).

Am nearing the end of my masterpiece collection, I said I'd stop at 1985 but I'm already breaking that by getting hot rod, ultra magnus, fanstoys sovereign and a couple of minibots (tailgate, pipes), and ordering fanstoys sixshot, kup, kfc octane... probably going to grab uniquetoys blurr unless there's another one in the works, not a fan of the vehicle but robot is fine. Then have to worry about scaling.

Looking very much forward to fanstoys jetfire and blitzing !
    I think the Badcubes version of Hoist and Trailbreaker still looks a lot better. Granted transformation a pain in the butt, but when in bot mode, they are spot on to screen accuracy. I felt MMC lost their way in these two of theirs unlike Mirage they did so well.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Stumbled upon this fella today. Far more reasonable than the $200+ that the original Impossible Toys' version is going for these days.

Quality looks average (reflected in the price ) but we'll see how it looks when it turns up!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LOOSED-3r...3D311804174431
    I thought the plastic quality on the original Impossible Toys Quints was pretty mediocre. so if these are as good, $15 is a pretty good price. I just ordered 2.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I think the Badcubes version of Hoist and Trailbreaker still looks a lot better. Granted transformation a pain in the butt, but when in bot mode, they are spot on to screen accuracy. I felt MMC lost their way in these two of theirs unlike Mirage they did so well.
    I think which one looks better is a subjective thing. I'm quite a fan of both companies but Badcubes version of those characters were just to busy for me around the legs, lots of unsightly kibble going everywhere. Badcube Hoist is definitely more toon accurate, but I prefer the deep green and look of the original toy.

The look between the 2 companies version of Hoist and Trailbreaker is subjective. I think Badcube are big up top but with chicken legs. Whilst Oc Max looks more well rounded

Let's hear it for options!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got X-transbots Eligos today for my birthday from my wife

need to contact the retailer (robotoybase) as its missing its right pinky finger