Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SPOILER THREAD - Avengers Infinity War

I had a text discussion with a mate today, he was saying that the DC universe should do something similar to what Infinity War did (in killing off a bunch of characters - albeit in a potentially temporary manner), my response was that if DCEU did that, there wouldn’t likely be the same reaction as the shock most people are feeling after IW.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

DC’s “Avengers” film came too soon after only two solo movies and one team-up movie, but I could see them trying to do their “Infinity War” next — which would be Crisis on Infinite Earths (but even that title would be seen as derivative!) without the 10 years of film to set it up and make it work.

Holy crap this movie was amazeballs. Incredible how it kept me engaged for the whole 2.5 hours with room for some more character development. The action scenes were fantastic and there was just the right amount of humour. Sure I could find something to nitpick but theres no fun in that.

It’s obvious with more MCU films in the works there will be some magical “undo” moment but Avengers 4 can’t come soon enough.

Very cool film considering the huge crossover nature, they even built the villain up even if his plan is a bit odd.

I wont say it's my favourite Marvel Film of the last few years, but considering the nature of these crossover type events in film (or comics) they did the best they could, and deserve applause.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post

Alive:
    Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man
    War Machine
    Banner/Hulk
    Black Widow
    Rocket
    Nebula
    Shuri
    Okoye
    M’Baku (presumably as not shown to die?)
    Wong (presumably as not shown to die?)
    So, is it just me are all those Avengers that survived the one's whose actors contracts are about to expire?

My personal theory is that somehow most of the heroes who are gone will save the others, but in the process themselves retire or be replaced (recast) somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I had a text discussion with a mate today, he was saying that the DC universe should do something similar to what Infinity War did (in killing off a bunch of characters - albeit in a potentially temporary manner), my response was that if DCEU did that, there wouldn’t likely be the same reaction as the shock most people are feeling after IW.
    The DCU needs to do what the MCU did and make good movies.

(Wonder Woman not withstanding)

Pretty much all the other studios attempts to make 'universe movies' have failed, what Marvel has done with their universe and Infinity War is unique in film, and quite frankly with Super Hero fatigue a thing I'm not sure anyone else will ever be able to create a universe quite like this.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wonder how many years will have passed between Infinity War and the next film - looking at set pics for 4 when they use either the time stone or B.A.R.F. (or some other way) as Tony has grey hair and is wearing a S.H.I.E.L.D. jumpsuit and Scott looks a little older at the battle of New York.

Maybe reality becomes fragmented from their attempts...

What a great movie!

And what a regret to carry.. not going for the head.

Great to have a movie revolve around a villian who succeeded. You could really see his (demented) burden and determination.

So Nova is coming and Adam Warlock is still waiting for a movie part too isnt he?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

So I'm guessing the next Avengers film will be more focused on the original guys, and their last hurrah.

I also read somewhere that the title for the next film has been withheld as it could be a spoiler. I'm thinking "Avengers Disassembled".

I'm sure Thanos attack on Xandar (to steal the power stone) would've been a piece of cake considering that Ronan had first attacked it and then it was softened up by Ego's terraforming.

It peeves me that Korg is likely dead. I would've enjoyed seeing him on Earth encountering a Korg synthesiser/keyboard for the first time.