Page 1 of 53 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Default Heavy Metal Thunder.

I decided to pre-order the new Soulfly album "omen", it comes out in May but if you pre-order then 'limited quantities' are autographed by the band. I cannot be bothered finding the link... but there should be one at www.myspace.com/soulfly

Anyways... thought I'd open a metal thread as there seems to be a few metalheads around this forum. Maybe we can get some diverse discussion going about heavy music?

Let me be the first to say - what an awesome idea for a discussion

New Soulfly album eh... might have to check this out. I already have a signed copy of an album (could have been the Oz tour exclusive which I believe came out between the Soulfly and Primitive releases).

Met Max when they toured early 2000's. One of the nicest people I have met. I expected him to shout at me, but instead he is very softly spoken.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Metal is the way, nuff said

Anyway, not much of a fan of Soulfly, I prefer Sepultura Chaos AD and back. Arise is a brilliant album IMO. Ah the good ol days, when I used to go to some gig in Sydney every weekend.

I did see Soulfly when they last came out (I think) when Gigantour was out in 2006ish

Coincidentaly, I am starting a Death Metal band here in Sydney soon (me on vocals of course ) if any Sydneysiders are interested in starting something up.

Oh and do you guys like Dethklok?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Coincidentaly, I am starting a Death Metal band here in Sydney soon (me on vocals of course ) if any Sydneysiders are interested in starting something up.
    Nice. Good luck man. A good mate of mine is the lead vocalist in a metal band here in Sydney. They're called Psycho Sapien.

Never heard of Dethklok. Who are they similar to?
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I already have a signed copy of an album (could have been the Oz tour exclusive which I believe came out between the Soulfly and Primitive releases).
    The 'Tribe' ep. Any chance of a picture?

Met Max when they toured early 2000's. One of the nicest people I have met.
    I went to an instore in '99 I think. The response to Soulfly was massive and Max seemed a little overwhelmed.

I expected him to shout at me, but instead he is very softly spoken.
    Why would he shout at you? what did you do?

Nice. Good luck man. A good mate of mine is the lead vocalist in a metal band here in Sydney. They're called Psycho Sapien.
    Bands are hard to start, I was in one a while back, but long since dead that one lol. Did record 2 demos, second one I still have copies of

Haven't heard of Psycho Sapien, but then again, I have been outta the scene for quite some time now. Can't afford to go out much anymore, damn mortgage

Never heard of Dethklok. Who are they similar to?
    Dethklok are an imaginary band (well not really, they have 2 albums lol) but they are the band in the show "Metalocalypse". If you haven't seen it, check it out, deadset funny stuff. Heaps of get voices from Emperor, Metallica, Nevermore, King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse... the list goes on.

I prefer Sepultura Chaos AD and back. Arise is a brilliant album IMO.
    What did you think of the Cavalera Conspiracy album?

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    What did you think of the Cavalera Conspiracy album?
    From what I have heard, not overly impressed ay. I was excited when I heard the Cavalera's were doing a project together, but got a bit let down when it was released.

The 'Tribe' ep. Any chance of a picture?
    That might be the one. Yeah, I'll try and remember tonight when I get home.

Why would he shout at you? what did you do?
    What I meant by that was I'm just used to hearing him on stage and expected him to have a deeper voice than what he had

Dethklok are an imaginary band (well not really, they have 2 albums lol) but they are the band in the show "Metalocalypse". If you haven't seen it, check it out, deadset funny stuff. Heaps of get voices from Emperor, Metallica, Nevermore, King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse... the list goes on.
    Sounds interesting. Might have to check them out. Cheers!
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

From what I have heard, not overly impressed ay. I was excited when I heard the Cavalera's were doing a project together, but got a bit let down when it was released.
    Really? I got it last week and to my ears it's great straight up metal. It's probably a little less 'serious' than Arise or Chaos AD but it's pretty damn good. For $15 at jb (and even less online) I just think you can't go wrong.