Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hasbro Product Panel at BotCon

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I think that the right level of complexity, for me, was around Energon and Cybertron. .
    Cybertron was just a great line all around, really. Design, construction, everything. Also got to give it props for seemingly being a huge success here considering it was practically toyline only (I certainly didn't see Cybertron on any channels).

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Cybertron was just a great line all around, really. Design, construction, everything. Also got to give it props for seemingly being a huge success here considering it was practically toyline only (I certainly didn't see Cybertron on any channels).
    Glad to see so much due appreciation for Cybertron toys from yourself and others. Everyone generally pans the Unicron trilogy: fiction AND toys.

Quote Originally Posted by popculturepooka View Post
    Hasbro might SAY that less complexity for the kids is the goal of this terrible idea, but given their current antics in dumbing down other lines as well (Iron Man 3, Spiderman, Wolverine, the new Star Wars figs that have 80's articulation) and the lack of decent paint jobs across all those lines, it seems obvious to me that this is all about cost cutting and penny pinching.
    You're onto something there. I would say that post-cybertron, even if the transformations were more complicated, most toys would have been cheaper to manufacture than a cybertron toy of the same size class. Less screws, more ball and socket joints, thinner plastic and fewer paint apps means less cost regardless of how long it takes to transform the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Glad to see so much due appreciation for Cybertron toys from yourself and others. Everyone generally pans the Unicron trilogy: fiction AND toys.
    Cybertron gets criminally underrated because of the other two UT series lackluster reception. (To be polite.) It's really not fair. I kind of wish that it had been done as separate series like Galaxy force was going to be, just so it could get the props it deserves.

Though I totally hold it to blame (or at least the design style), for Classics Hot Rod being a really oddly scaled figure with a tiny head, and weird legs.

I've been playing with BH Cyberverse Bulkhead, and as much as I kinda hate the up scaled legions to deluxes, I kinda wish Hasbro WOULD upscale this toy to a Voyager. It'd be in better scale with the other Beast Hunters and have more of the feel of the line generally Han the deluxe - which, along with Smokescreen, I'm pretty sure was originally intended for the RID line.

Looking at shops around here BH appears to continue to sell reasonably well, so I expect we probably will see the new figures here - and likely NOT Generations.

Maybe they will. The Cyberverse BH prime is a fun small figure and I hope that this translates to the upscaled voyager version. Although I'm not too keen on the green on the figure.