Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDCC Transformers exclusives official images

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    Will there be another version release that is quite close to the sdcc version metroplex?
    I think I read that the Japanese release from Takara Tomy will be similar with the chromed face/detail and two guns.

Previous years items have been available sporadically via hasbrotoyshop but you need a US credit card and mail forwarder to buy them. I did, and saved myself a fortune. but i don't know what the production numbers will be though, and am sorely tempted to just buy from eBay if I can find it at only twice the price. Sometimes robot kingdom has SDcc stuff but its real hit and miss. Anyone else know of a good source to try?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

did ask my contact and apparently as it is SDCC, hasrbo will not approach shops to take up their wares/ toys.... i guess it makes sense since people attend (pay) the convention to get exclusive items.... and not to be outdone by non-attendees...

will update if i manage to source for a contact for sdcc stuff... ebay preorder pricing is raising my eyebrows... i want to collect toys but not pay through my nose for them...

I like SDCC or Takara versions but chrome scares me. I usually keep evrything in great condition but you never know if this is gonna be another beast wars transmetal issue.

did ask my contact and apparently as it is SDCC, hasrbo will not approach shops to take up their wares/ toys.... i guess it makes sense since people attend (pay) the convention to get exclusive items.... and not to be outdone by non-attendees...

will update if i manage to source for a contact for sdcc stuff... ebay preorder pricing is raising my eyebrows... i want to collect toys but not pay through my nose for them...
    And possibly not get them, only a refund
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I think the sdcc bruticus also came out in a version close to it (without the sdcc sticker) yes?
    The upcoming Grimlock Vs Bruticus set looks to have the SDCC colours... though I don't know why they need to.
    And the Zombie Cliffjumper ended up being released in the second run of First Edition toys.

It cheapens the exclusive nature of those expensive (and hard to get) toys when they do that.

yeap that is why i am quite 50-50 when it comes to SDCC stuff at times.... annoying to pay a premium for a SDCC sticker honestly

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The upcoming Grimlock Vs Bruticus set looks to have the SDCC colours... though I don't know why they need to.
    And the Zombie Cliffjumper ended up being released in the second run of First Edition toys.

It cheapens the exclusive nature of those expensive (and hard to get) toys when they do that.