Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP17+ Prowl

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So the rear bumper has been retooled to hold the launchers, how odd.

I'm glad its a TTmall release, less reason to seek it out, infact all mp+ variants should be there, even the eventual mp10 redeco.

I'm also a little tempted despite my push for variants like these to stay off main line retail (because too many of them may affect new molds lol)

For someone like me that wants cartoon accurate moulds and decos I'm actually not impressed by this for whatever stupid reason that's going through my head that I can't put my finger on. With the MP+ version of Sideswipe being the most minor of changes in deco and now this not clicking I'm not sure this subline is worth it.

Only one that's been a must have for me is Red Alert.

I’ll be getting it simply because more cartoon accurate the better even tho it is frustrating that they can charge a premium for what is such an old mould now.

But it got me thinking, they did mp-14+ to go with Inferno? Now they’ve just just done mp-12+ to go with sunstreaker. So is the new prowl a teaser for a new mp on its way? I can’t think of who or if prowl had a close buddy in the cartoon but I might be onto something.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    So the rear bumper has been retooled to hold the launchers, how odd.
    The rear bumper could always hold the launchers. However most of the Datsuns didn't come with launchers.

I’ll be ordering two of these. Good sign we’ll be getting anime + Bluestreak and Wheeljack. I’m desperate for an anime + streak more than anything else. So much so I’ve taken MP-18 out of my display cabinet. The colours are way too dark.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thumbs down

Pass for me. I haven't liked any of the + releases so far.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I’ll be getting it simply because more cartoon accurate the better even tho it is frustrating that they can charge a premium for what is such an old mould now.

But it got me thinking, they did mp-14+ to go with Inferno? Now they’ve just just done mp-12+ to go with sunstreaker. So is the new prowl a teaser for a new mp on its way? I can’t think of who or if prowl had a close buddy in the cartoon but I might be onto something.
    Prowl doesn't really have a partner, at best its a sign the other datsuns will get similar redeco's and his performance will gauge if they end up in retail or stay in the ttmall

That blue is far too blue for my eyes.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    That blue is far too blue for my eyes.
    Yeh I wasn't a fan of the MP-12+ alt mode compared to the original Sideswipe with those blue windows and lack of detail. Haven't transformed him yet to robot mode though so maybe that's where the improvement is. Whereas MP-14+ felt like a real step-up from the original Red Alert these last two + releases don't feel nearly as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Looks like the plus series is moving on...

Via taghobby
    http://www.taghobby.com/archives/259457

Edit: and it is a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive so we may need to rely on asian stores
    BBTS has him for preorder for $90us