17 85.00%
  • Only if cheap

1 5.00%
  • Only if (something else)

2 10.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Generations Chromia (Deluxe)

Default Toy review - Generations Chromia (Deluxe)

Name – Chromia
    Series - Generations
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 5
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $17.00US
    Approximate Size – 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Motorcycle
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Fembot
    Main Colours – Blue and light blue
    Main Accessories – gun

DISCLAIMER
    I know these are cruddy phone pics, but if you thought I was going to buy a decent DSLR just to do toy reviews...

Robot Mode
    The thin body and wheels on the back of the legs are reminiscent of Prime Arcee and Animated Prowl with her front wheel, canopy and cowling hanging behind her back. Her articulation is decent with a range of motion in her arms and legs, approximately 90° at her elbows and 120° at her knees. There is no waist movement but the wrists, hips and elbows are on ball joints. Light-piping for her eyes.

The ball joints are a softer plastic and whilst transforming I thought I was going to break/tear them.

Cybertronian Motorcycle Mode
    Reniniscent of the TRON light cycles, her alt mode is an enclosed motorcycle. Her gun can attach to the side of the bike and there is a kick-stand. And no, I couldn't get Arcee to ride on the cycle by raising the canopy, she's too big.

Transformation
    From bot to alt mode it's rather tricky. And there was that point at which I was worried about tearing the elbow ball-joint by rotating it. Otherwise it takes a bit of fiddling about to get everything lined up correctly. Transforming from cycle to robot was much easier with a auto-transform gimmick connecting the chest and hip pivots.

Overall
    I like Femmebots, bikes and TRON, so this is an interesting addition. I haven't read IDW's Dark Cybertron yet, but I think weather or not people will want this figure will come down to their liking of the character.

............................."Remember when we were all doing this back in 2009!"

Which brings us to where we are today...

The last line leads well into your signature.

Cool review. I have decided to skip it for now, mainly because I need the money elsewhere. The motorcycle mode looks alright, not as cool as I'd have liked. The soft plastic is a worry. She looks really cool though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I haven't read IDW's Dark Cybertron yet, but I think weather or not people will want this figure will come down to their liking of the character.
    The Windblade limited series is definitely worth a read for Chromia characterisation.

I like mine. I think the bike mode is awesome, but the real draw is the bot mode, which I really like. I never got the RID Arcee, so this is all new for me, and I think it's great.

I guess for me the closest thing to anything being an issue is the big backpack. I actually transformed mine differently to you Tober, which maks the pack bigger but i think cleans up the robot mode more:

i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Cool. You've already panel-lined and weathered yours?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

She looks awesome. Hopefully Chromia can persuade Arcee to go to the gym and lose her thunder thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Cool. You've already panel-lined and weathered yours?
    Yeah she was easy. Jetfire took me ages...
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Does anyone else leave her weapon in hand when storing her weapon in alt mode? I find it looks less awkward as an exhaust/muffler than pegged into her side.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I quite like her. I think the colour scheme is really good, the head sculpt is a real shout out to her G1 origins and the fact you can combine her back wheels under her is a good (albeit maybe unintentional) shout out to her ROTF appearance. The instruction manual is as usual freakin useless but she is not too hard to do.

I'm not sure how I feel about her alt-mode, it's kinda cool but I think I still woulda liked something more along her G1 lines. I'm hoping that if they don't do a Combiner Wars Computron that they may at least still repurpose this figure for Afterburner, since I will probably skip the Timelines version of him.

I'll share the reactions of my missus and my mate to the toy

Me: Check it out, a new female Transformer toy
    Missus: (trying to feign interest) Oh thats nice, is she like Arcee?
    Me: Yeah kinda
    Mate: She has big blue metal boobs
    Me: Yes, yes she does
    Mate: And is that the seat on her arse? Does that mean that Optimus can ride her arse?
    Missus: Oh thats just lovely
    Me: No, Ironhide is her boyfriend, Optimus is dating Elita
    Mate: Does she have a nice cushy ass-seat too?
    Missus: Why don't you take your friend and toys out to the shed to play dear?

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Does anyone else leave her weapon in hand when storing her weapon in alt mode? I find it looks less awkward as an exhaust/muffler than pegged into her side.
    Yep, would've been mighty accommodating if Hasbro had given her a second gun.