Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retard

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    If this is the guy's attitude with the entire nation watching him, I doubt it'll be too long before he does something else, confident of his invincibility, and ends up in prison.
    Just thinking about it I'm concerned his faux celebrity status will create a series of "wannabes" trying to copy their "hero" until it ultimately ends in tragedy. Then this tool will just shrug his shoulders and say "I didn't tell them to copy me"

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Looks like he's getting offers from agents already and may be able to turn a negative into a positive as well as obtaining a mildly lucrative income for it all so he will be able to face up to all this responsibility people harp on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    there is a right way and a wrong way to throw a wild party. [snip] But everytime I got into trouble I always stood up and took responsability for my actions. Thats what being a man is all about. Thats what this boy needs to do.
    Quoted for truth.

I was a (and stlll am) a bona fide bogan. However, this guy's party was stupid. Inviting random strangers through the net and such is just asking for trouble. I mean, I've been to many a party where I've been told to bring as many people as I can even if the host has no idea who they are. But even in those situations, my bud (the host) expects that I'm not bringing in random strangers that I no nothing about.

There's plenty of characters out there and the last thing you need is a group of rowdy young guys you know nothing about at your joint. If I wanted random, I'd be out at a club. Hell, I can get away with more at a club b/c I purely hitting on strangers who don't know where I live. Wake up, bud. Those people weren't even your friends. They were some random people you don't even know.

It's all fine and good to have a party. Hell, it's what guys do.

But do it in a manner where you're not a complete ass, impeding on other people's privacy and property, causing anxiety to other people in your neighbourhood, and damaging public property that the rest of the community will have to bear the burden for.

The other point I take issue is the parents. As much as I can see that parents have a major responsibility for the way their kids turn out, people forget that parents often see the best in their children. Kids though aren't angels. Hell, I won't tell you that I was. I -know- I wasn't. They push the boundaries until push comes to shove. But at the end of the day, it's the kid that makes the choices. He's his own person. He can't back away from the consequences of his actions.

The parents shouldn't be blamed. On the one hand, we want to chastise parents for everything a kid does wrong. But on the other hand, we want to empower children, make them feel as if they have control over their lives. In effect, we're diminishing the role of the parent.

So where's that leave parents? Nowhere. Where's it leave the kid? Like already said in this thread, with a lot of rights.

The crunch though is that with those rights come responsibility for your own actions. This little turd doesn't understand that. So who's he going to turn to for the money? His parents. That's pretty downright pathetic. His folks work hard to pay a mortgage, send him to school, keep the household running and now they have to fork out for this.

If his parents don't fork it out the cash and tell him it's his problem, he'll jump on the woe is me train and chanting the catch cry ""my parents don't love me" line and demand sympathy.

That said, this guy is a sorry excuse for a human being. In years to come, he will lead a life of mediocrity where his greatest claim to fame will be the time he made it on TV for being a retard. Good on you, mate. He'll be living on his pathetic wage, barely able to make ends meet, and be the piece of trash that he undoubtedly is.