Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer heat.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Rebuilding/repairing a Lake Illawarra foreshore retaining-wall today; .
    Within walking distance of me! It was a nice, should have gone for a swim but stayed home and suffered the damn humidity

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    32ºC is no aircon temp at all. When I turn off my a/c that's my rooms temp, geez.. you definitely got a busted A/C, best to put a fan in front of it, mebee some of the cool air it spurts out can at least be blown and spread around better with the aid of a fan.
    We aren't allowed to bring to work electrical equipment which plugs into a power socket unless it has been 'Tested & Tagged'. It's part of OH&S rules to remove the electrical shock/fire hazards from external electrical equipment . But I reckon the company may have to compromise somewhat .... otherwise there will be a peasant's revolt.

It so distressing to see attractive women stripping down to bare minimum clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    Within walking distance of me! It was a nice, should have gone for a swim but stayed home and suffered the damn humidity
    Oh wow! - Yeah it was bloody inviting but I wasn't dressed all too appropriately for it & my lift back home refused to have a sopping wet Hursty in his car.

It's the humidity that makes it so damn unbearable - give me dry heat over it any day.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    It's the humidity that makes it so damn unbearable - give me dry heat over it any day.
    Agreed! The humidity makes me crash about mid arvo. Then you're awake all night....
    The heat I like, the f* humidity, can't stand it. I'll be happy when I'm back at school (teacher)

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    Agreed! The humidity makes me crash about mid arvo. Then you're awake all night....
    The heat I like, the f* humidity, can't stand it. I'll be happy when I'm back at school (teacher)
    Well your lucky, my crappy school can't afford air cons.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Well your lucky, my crappy school can't afford air cons.
    Nor can most Public Schools.
    (At least, not a decade ago when I was last at school )

My last school had air cons.

We're gonna have a hot week this time... It got so hot today (reached 41 by the near afternoon) that me and my workmates in Bedford got to go home early.

Over the next three days after today, it's gonna get worse.

Fan-hugging-tastic.

43C today and we still had Iaido practice. Think I lost nearly 2kg body weight's worth in sweat, luckily there were rehydration stations.

I worked out harder on the weekend so I could take this week off exercise. Only one extreme heat day in and I'm already over it. Three more in a row? I'll be barely functioning by Friday.