Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you regret collecting (non-TF)

Default Things you regret collecting (non-TF)

So I was doing some spring cleaning today in the garage and hauled off the shelves boxes upon boxes of my dvd and cd collection which did not make it out of the packing boxes when I moved 5 years ago. I'm staring at what would be thousands of dollars paid (think high here) for these and just thinking what I could have in TF dollars had I not been so impulsive back then. Some of this stuff has not been watched and some even still in wrapping. Well half of the DVDs and CDs have gone to charity but looking at it all it did seem like a waste of money.

Do any of you have any hobbies that you may have spent too much on that you now regret?

Go fast bits for my WRX. I poured the equivalent of a house deposit into that thing, not including what it cost to buy the car. I still shake my head at how dumb I was.

And yes, it does become a very time consuming hobby.
    Last edited by Trent; 12th September 2015 at 10:05 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I have a few:
    I used to collect a bunch of games, but got rid of some of them because they were useless to me (excluding rarities)
    Roborods turned out to be a huge let down, but I'm not regretting it as much since I got them dirt cheap from the Reject shop (for about $3 a pop, when they can be around $12 on eBay)
    Other than those ones, I can't remember what else I regretting getting. Most of my collections are I'm proud of, or sorta proud of (I know this might seem odd, but I did collect a few Tomica sets, mostly to build mini towns. In the end I kept the buildings and roads because when you put the little Transformers in it, I can take some awesome pics)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

DVDS for sure. I haven't learnt my lesson as i've also been collecting Blu rays lol. Such is life.

Also Magic cards, g'damn i should have been like that cheap kid who would make his own rare cards by putting paper over a common card with the deets of the card he wanted to use... xD

DVDs and magic cards are pretty much worthless now...both obsolete and cheaper than chips these days.

Mate you are talking to someone who collected nearly everything from the old TV sitcom "Home Improvement" including:

Posters
    Trading Cards
    The Board Game
    Tools
    DVD's
    Clothing including: Socks, Caps, T-Shirts, Boxer Shorts, Kimonos, Ties, Jumpers

All sitting in boxes in the shed now

Megatran Guest

^ Is that the US sitcom with the character Heidi?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ Is that the US sitcom with the character Heidi?
    Ye, and the Tool-girl before her was Lisa who was played by Pamela Anderson (who got fired for being a crap actress and went on to do Baywatch, VIP & Striperella )

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Ye, and the Tool-girl before her was Lisa who was played by Pamela Anderson (who got fired for being a crap actress and went on to do Baywatch, VIP & Striperella )
    Can't remember if this was Pammy pre or post "enhancement".

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Can't remember if this was Pammy pre or post "enhancement".
    Both Pamela Anderson (Lisa) and Debbie Dunning (Heidi) had gotten a bit of an 'uplift' before becoming the Tool Time girls

Beverly Hills 90210 trading cards

Ummmmmm......noooooo......I can't pull it off! I regret nothing!!!!!

I likened myself to a young Brandon Walsh back in the early 90s.

Now where are those cards at
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...