Thread: Botshots Protectobot 5-pack image

Default Botshots Protectobot 5-pack image

An official image of the Protectobots 5-pack, which is out next with the Combaticons, has been released via Walmart.

It's interesting to note that Blades is coloured like the Rescue Bots version, and Groove is a tank.
    I guess if there aren't any motorcycle Botshots moulds to use, why not go nuts... but why not something that is still "rescue" themed, like Red Alert's fire-chief car.

No release date, but should be soon if it is on Walmart's product site.

ha, imagine being rescued... by a tank.... that's kinda weird, unless your in a war and you need serious back up firepower... then that's valid heheeh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Interesting in that:

*Blades is coloured like his Rescue Bots incarnation
    *With the head sculpt and colour scheme used First Aid may as well be Ratchet
    *Groove who is a teeny motorcycle is now a massive tank, though the robot mode is very indicative of his G1 counterpart

All criticisms aside, I'll grab this if I see it

BTW: Whatever happened to the Arielbots Bot Shots pack? I grabbed the Stunticons the moment they hit the shelves but have never seen Silverbolt & crew knocking about

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    BTW: Whatever happened to the Arielbots Bot Shots pack? I grabbed the Stunticons the moment they hit the shelves but have never seen Silverbolt & crew knocking about
    They're part of the 2nd wave of 5 packs along with the Decepticon Fire Assault team, neither of which I've seen here.

Let's correct Groove bio's then:

"A full tank. Clear, clear skies, open road -- that's all he wants out of life. Relaxed, easy going, happy whereever he is. Pacifist -- difficult for him to accept his role as part of the Protectobot team"

That was easy. Why a pacifist turns into a tank? That's harder to explain.

Maybe it's like the Gen1 cartoon, which had Cerebros, who refused to fight, be given the reigns of the most powerful weapon... to make sure it doesn't end up in the hands of someone who is power-hungry, so that it only ever used as a last resort.
    Because if it is a last resort occasion, they will regret not using it, just as much as they WILL regret using it. At least if they are going to be burdened by regret, it won't be at the expense of the lives of the innocent.

Or.... he could be such a pacifist that the tank mode was an accident by whatever reformatted/rebuilt him, and he made sure it doesn't fire anything, but out the end pops a flag saying "bang".