Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Titans Return toys revealed

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Only without a drill. Not sure if I trust Hasbro with retooling a toy with a drill anymore after what they did with Combiner Wars Nosecone.

The CW Nosecone was less impressive tbh, but I thought the UW Nosecone's drill looked alright. I think a Dai Atlas retool (however iffy it might be... ) sounds like something Takara might do..
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 9th October 2016 at 02:46 PM.

Hasbro seems to spend a lot of money making these computer generated official promo shots look good, I wish they could sink those funds into the actual toys.

And one hell of a gargantuan jet mode!
    And yet that would make more sense than mass shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    The CW Nosecone was less impressive tbh, but I thought the UW Nosecone's drill looked alright. I think a Dai Atlas retool (however iffy it might be... ) sounds like something Takara might do..
    Not necessarily. It was Hasbro, not TakaraTOMY, that gave us Generations Black Shadow and the upcoming Combiner Wars Lio Kaiser and Titans Return Black Shadow. Generations Black Shadow was never released in Japan and I've heard to news of TakaraTOMY releasing a UW Lio Kaiser or LG Black Shadow either. It may happen later, but the point is that it's not within the realms of impossibility for Japanese G1 characters to be exclusively released by Hasbro as there is precedent for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    And yet that would make more sense than mass shifting.
    Heli-Carrier, AWAAAAAAAY!

Generations Black Shadow was never released in Japan and I've heard to news of TakaraTOMY releasing a UW Lio Kaiser or LG Black Shadow either. ]
    Black Shadow was released as part of the Transformers Adventure line as TAV31 which used several CHUG figures in it's lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Black Shadow was released as part of the Transformers Adventure line as TAV31 which used several CHUG figures in it's lineup.
    I sit corrected

FatalityPitt Guest

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;538896]Not necessarily. It was Hasbro, not TakaraTOMY, that gave us Generations Black Shadow and the upcoming Combiner Wars Lio Kaiser and Titans Return Black Shadow.]

Yes. I still find it bizzare that Hasbro are releasing Lio Kaiser as a platinum ed, and not Takara as a UW set (at least not yet). You'd think Lio Kaiser would have a fairly large fanbase in Japan.. Not complaining at all, I just find it a bit surprising is all.

I sit corrected
    it did take a few years to happen, at was put into the Adventures line, rather than Legends, so it's an understandable oversight.

It's interesting to see the split between which older Hasbro figures end up in Legends (Ie Skids) vs which end up in TAV (Black Shadow, Shrapnel etc)- I wonder what the reasoning is?

So the rumour is that Hasbro have completely sold out of Wave 2 TR.

Good if it's true.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

At least Hasbro's US distribution channel has.

This line must be pretty popular

The TakaraTOMY equivalents are selling out across Japan too. They were really hard to find (I only managed to get Weirdwolf) and local collectors that I spoke with also said that they were bloody hard to find. Frustrating for collectors, but yeah, good news for the brand.