Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Excerpt from Blog: There have been a ton of Transformer gaming apps in recent years on both Android and iPhone; a few have retired and several are still chugging along. In anticipation of the new Bumblebee Movie coming out later this year, we have a new game (currently only available through Apple) based on everyone’s favorite little yellow bot in Transformers Bumblebee Overdrive.

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 2nd October 2018 at 12:49 PM.

Excerpt from Blog: For a bit of fun and a bit of comparison I pulled out of my storage crates a lot of my Decepticons. In particular, toys that were updates of classic characters, mainly (but not exclusively) from G1. I was amazed and how many characters have gotten new toys!

So enjoy this short video I made of the display.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I was amazed and how many characters have gotten new toys!
    Yup! This is what I luuuurv about CHUG. Continued here as I don't want to derail your review thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I was amazed and how many characters have gotten new toys!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yup! This is what I luuuurv about CHUG.
    And now we get another one!

Excerpt from Blog: The original G1 Punch/Counterpunch was a very cool toy with a very cool concept! Whereas all Triple-Changers in the past had two vehicle modes this toy had two robot modes. He was an Autobot that could not only turn into a Pontiac Fiero , but also transform into a Decepticon in order to act as a spy! Despite his abysmal appearance in Season 4 of the cartoon, the toy was so cool that it proved extremely popular, and lead to Doubledealer expanding upon the concept the following year. now we have the Amazon exclusive Power of the Primes Punch/Counterpunch. Let’s take a look and see if it was worth the wait.

Excerpt from Blog: A few months ago the Transformers: Trading Card Game was released. Much like Magic: The Gathering, this game focuses on using different characters whom you instil with different defences, attacks and upgrades, to take out the opposing team, all whilst taking advantage of their own unique abilities.

Now, not long after it’s release, we have the first committed deck since the Starter Pack – the Metroplex Deck. Due for international release on November 16th, this deck appears to offer a whole new element to what is quickly becoming a popular and addictive game.

Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro have been kind enough to send me for free both the Starter Pack as well as the new Metroplex Deck so as to do a review on this blog. It should be noted that I have received no financial remuneration to write this, nor have either company tried to dictate the content of my review. So I’d like to thank Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro for their generosity.

Lucky Boy!

Those cards look great

Default Toy Review

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Lucky Boy!

Those cards look great
    Yep - been running the blog for 2 1/2 years at the cost of over a grand and it finally scored me $50 worth of freebies from Hasbro

Excerpt from Blog: Finally we seem to be getting some of the Wave 3 figures from the Power of the Primes toyline more widely available on Australian shelves, a long wait for many of us who no longer do our shopping overseas online due to the GST. There is only one Voyager class figure in this wave and it’s a character that had their last Generations toy come out a full 10 years ago – everyone’s favorite firetruck – Inferno.

Default Random Rants

Excerpt from Blog: Scalpers – the bane of collectors everywhere.

Nasty little parasites who eagerly buy up all the figures they can and then flog them for twice the price. Evil pricks without an empathy or remorse.

Now I want to make a distinction here. I don’t consider scalpers people who sell rare old toys for a lot of money. Yes sometimes the prices they ask are ludicrous, but there is no rule saying you have to buy what they are selling. You need food. You need water. You need sleep and shelter. You don’t need action figures.

No, what I consider a scalper is some unscrupulous sod that goes from store to store (and even online) when a new figure is released, buys every single one, then is selling them on eBay half an hour later for twice the price or more. In those cases you are a scalper sod. A prick of the highest level! Because you are stealing the opportunity for others to buy the item fair and square and then making them come to you to buy it at an inflated cost.

Look I think we have to hassle scalpers on eBay. We are a small community so we hassle their listing, take their toys and let them know Transformers are not worth fucking with.

We should be all over the Aus ebay sellers. We identify scalpers, we neg them, we dispute them, etc.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Look I think we have to hassle scalpers on eBay. We are a small community so we hassle their listing, take their toys and let them know Transformers are not worth fucking with.

We should be all over the Aus ebay sellers. We identify scalpers, we neg them, we dispute them, etc.
    It's very tempting

Excerpt from Blog: Over the past 5 live-action Transformer movies we’ve come to expect certain things. From the humans: wacky, half-psychotic characters and overly-sexualized stereotypes. From the robots: zero characterization and dialogue, overly-complex bodies and fight scenes one has no hope of following. Throw in a few convoluted plots and some smutty humour and badda-bing badda-boom, another TF movie pumped out by Hollywood.

However Transformers 6 – Bumblebee, seems to be something different. Something GOOD!

What a delightful breath of fresh air this movie is! It contains none of the issues listed above, and replaces them with relatable characters, great dialogue and a lot of heart!