Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gimmicks That Really Annoy You

Galvatran Guest

I’m in the overwhelming minority here. It has to the be hands down the transforming. So frustrating for MISB collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Anything that doesn't completely transform into a recognizable alt-mode, i.e. Cyberverse, Action Masters, etc.
    Bayformers Megatron?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bayformers Megatron?
    To be fair he does transform into SOMEthing....

... that only The Fallen could love....

BW snarl has the lamest gimmick of bws. Does it work for anyone?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bayformers Megatron?
    Bayformers Megs was redeemed in TLK thanks to the stylised jet mode (and in DotM with the truck mode to be fair). The 2007 and RotF alt-mode designs looked like they weren't really trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Coming home I thought about opening my TR Predaking. Then I thought “wait, does it need stickers like Metroplex and Trypticon?” And because I don’t know for sure I haven’t opened it. So this tells me: I really hate stickers.

(And this goes for ones we need to apply and the recent voyagers with preapplied stickers.)
    POTP Predaking has 87 stickers to be precise 37 of which go on Divebomb!

I am not a fan of the oversized weapons that came with the Bay Movie Mechtech Deluxes either and same goes for some of the WFC Generations Figures. Sideswipe comes to mind...already a downsized figure compared to the Optimus/Megatron Wave, so they fill the mass with a huge weapon that adds no value to the figure IMO.
    One steps are usually an easy pass for me too as I feel the engineering usually makes the robot look off, unless there is no deluxe/warrior option available (Springload from RID is a classic example) Great for kids but not for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    BW snarl has the lamest gimmick of bws. Does it work for anyone?
    Heh, true... Retrax has a more compromising gimmick but it does work well. Very well. Plus he was everyone's default Unicron toy until Armada.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Bayformers Megs was redeemed in TLK thanks to the stylised jet mode (and in DotM with the truck mode to be fair). The 2007 and RotF alt-mode designs looked like they weren't really trying.
    I'm not a fan of the fictitious space jet on TLK Megatron. Makes no sense storywise either. My favourite Bayformers Megatron is DOTM (Mack truck) <---proper robot in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    One steps are usually an easy pass for me too as I feel the engineering usually makes the robot look off, unless there is no deluxe/warrior option available (Springload from RID is a classic example) Great for kids but not for me...
    I don't think they're even that great for kids. The Flipchangers that we had in Beast Wars, Machine Wars and RID were great for kids and adults. IMO a good gimmick is also a timeless one. I don't imagine too many kids continuing to play with most One Step Changers toys as they get older, whereas I still enjoy playing with Flipchangers today (was playing w/ my MW Megatron just a few days ago ). Flipchangers gave us the option of instant change but still maintaining a full action figure with 9 points of articulation and stowable weapons. All for what would be about $15 in today's money.

I'd like to throw my disdain at the MechTech gimmick on the DOTM figures and TFPrime voyagers as well.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

G1 jump starter gimmick, I’ve had twintwist for over 30 years and not once has that sucker landed on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    G1 jump starter gimmick, I’ve had twintwist for over 30 years and not once has that sucker landed on his feet.
    Poor Twin Twist. Always wrecking, never ruling.