Thread: Early looks at some December-January Japanese items

Default Early looks at some December-January Japanese items

We seem to get early images and details of Japanese toys a couple months before official images show up or magazine scans are released... and some December-January items have just started being revealed by some online stores.

First up is a new Legends toy - LG18... a redeco of the Hasbro Generations Armada Starscream toy into Thundercracker, but it is likely to be called "Starscream Supreme Mode" on the packaging.

Now, if you watched the Armada/Micron Legend cartoon, Starscream took on this Thundercracker colouring, and in Japan that Armada Thundercracker toy was called Starscream Supreme Mode, so if it gets called Starscream, it won't be inaccurate.

Next are seven more Q-Transformers... adding to the endless army of these things (a bit like BotShots).
    December looks to have Ultra Magnus (redeco of Gen1 Convoy) and Arcee (redeco of Shockwave, as I had predicted from the cartoon form)... as well as a 3-pack of the cartoon-coloured trio that was released in July (Optimus, Bumblebee, Lockdown). Plus the Snoopy that we already know about has a nice clearer image to look at.
    January looks to have yet another crossover figure, called My Melody - a pink rabbit.
    Some of the product numbers don't make sense, so I didn't include them here.

Sweet, my Jr High school nurse is a huge My Melody fan.

That Armada Thundercracker looks beast!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Armada Thundercracker was one of my first Transformers when I started seriously collecting. I am very interested in this.

Armada TC looks pretty sweet. Not sure if I'll grab him (no attachment, never seem the show) but that is a nice deco.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Next are seven more Q-Transformers... adding to the endless army of these things (a bit like BotShots).
    December looks to have Ultra Magnus (redeco of Gen1 Convoy) and Arcee (redeco of Shockwave, as I had predicted from the cartoon form)... as well as a 3-pack of the cartoon-coloured trio that was released in July (Optimus, Bumblebee, Lockdown). Plus the Snoopy that we already know about has a nice clearer image to look at.
    January looks to have yet another crossover figure, called My Melody - a pink rabbit.
    Some of the product numbers don't make sense, so I didn't include them here.
    The new QTF numbering sysyem totally messes things up. QTF01 to QTF04 appear to be the same rehash characters of the original QT items.

http://www.anime-export.com/search?search=transformers

Hmm changed my mind and stuck TC/Super Starscream on pre-order, as he'll give Armada Starscream/Megatron some company, and I'll end up with at least TFCC Ramjet, maybe Smywarp too, next year.