Page 416 of 710 FirstFirst ... 396406411412413414415416417418419420421426436 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

thought this was pretty cool...

not sure how you'd verify it's authenticity though?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150752473...84.m1438.l2649

janda

Ah, the "lunchtime specials"... around the time of the reissues about 10 years ago, we would see a lot of these oddly coloured productions (often transparent colours), from Asian sources that were "sneaking" them out of the factory (which led to a surge of production figures out-of-packaging hitting ebay in the following years - which Hasbro & FunPub had issue with).
    Check out the tfwiki page on prototypes, and read the last paragraph before the Notes section.

From my own experience in a plastic factory, these wouldn't be something produced at the Hasbro/TT factories "off the record" by someone who wasn't in charge (as it would require the entire moulding & construction resources to be operated). At our plastic factory, we would do test runs of the machinery and processes before committing to a proper production run... and I think that is what happened here (they weren't needing to waste the colour dyes on a test run, so the plastic is pure and clear), and some of those completed test run figures ended up being snuck out instead of being destroyed (as would be required or expected by Hasbro/TT).

They didn't get a huge demand either (at the time), because there isn't much interest in clear TFs, especially if they aren't officially released. I remember seeing a lot of Gen1 Optimus toys on ebay that were clear or translucent blue, but no one was buying them, so would be so much cheaper than the real thing.
    And I agree, with so many KOs that came out at that time as well, in transparent colours, there's probably more clear KOs out there than the "prototype/pre-production/lunchtime specials" out there.
    Unless something is in odd miss-matched colours, or a damaged face, or stamped onto it "not for retail sale", I wouldn't go for it... as those are usual Hasbro/TT traits for prototypes. (see the wiki link for examples)

I just had a look at his other "prototypes" and he has several seekers done in a range of translucent colours, so my money is on them being the KO versions... that he either doesn't realise, or hopes others don't (if they are KOs).

My couple of little BW auctions are in their final hours

Verno's Beasts on eBay

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

cheers griffin.... thanks for the info on these

i checked out his other sales after posting this and.... yeah, i see what you mean.

if it sounds to good.....

janda

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    I'm not sure if soundwave KO's exist or not, but overall he seems genuine so most likely.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

BW TM2 Dinobot on Oz eBay.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    There is no KO Soundwave however Soundwave's box was reproduced. The KO version of that is very easy to spot as it is missing the line of text "Does not record or play cassettes". See here for more.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]