View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Blades - worth buying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • Only if...

1 11.11%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 11.11%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-2015 DLX Blades

Default Toy Review - GEN-2015 DLX Blades

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here.

BLADES
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of Alpha Bravo with new head
    Wave - 3
    Released here - Not here yet (out in Asia April)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about $30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Helicopter
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Red, white, grey
    Main Accessories - gun, combiner fist/foot

Gaahh!! Uploaded all 4 reviews of the new Combiner Wars Deluxe Protectobots, but YouTube only processed two of them. So Rook and Streetwise will have to come later now.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Blades - YouTube

In the mean time, here's my review of Blades, the retool of the previous wave's Alpha Bravo. Pretty nice retool over all. Hope you can check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by koolkollectibleskhai View Post

In the mean time, here's my review of Blades, the retool of the previous wave's Alpha Bravo. Pretty nice retool over all. Hope you can check it out!
    Nothing here but a plug for your youtube channel. Could you post some comments along with his as well in the future as you also have your dedicated thread for your youtube reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Nothing here but a plug for your youtube channel. Could you post some comments along with his as well in the future as you also have your dedicated thread for your youtube reviews.
    I figured all I had to say was in the video. But if you prefer some words to that effect, I can do that from now on fore sure.

Wow - this thread is nearly 2 months old and has 4 posts, yet looks like I'll be the first to actually write a review of the figure in it

Robot Mode
    Nice to see that the face and eyes are a different blue to each other, gives Blades face more definition, though he looks a little 'grumpy-old-man'ish to me. The arms are naturally a big improvement on the old G1 figure, and yes the missiles make more sense on the arms, but there was something kinda cool about the old Blades having leg cannons. Also would have been good if his blaster was white instead of black. But still, a nice toy and whilst not completely faithful to the G1 figure its still a nice update.

Copter Mode
    They actually went out of their way to make sure that this was defined as a 'Rescue Helicopter' so that he would fit in with the Protectobot motif more. I felt that the 'Autobot Costal Rescue' badges on the tailfins were a very nice touch. Only thing is the missiles - whilst having armaments on the side is very much in keeping with G1 Blades, they look out of place on a copter that has 'Rescue' plastered all over it. But besides that very good, and the colours are really nice!

Transformation
    If you've transformed Alpha Bravo then don't even bother opening the instructions - you've done this before. If not, you wont find it too hard.

Overall
    A good Blades figure, and MUCH better than the last few with had (The Asia Kids Day one was appalling!). Like First Aid, Blades comes with a comic that features him on the front cover and a cool bio on the back, but never appears in the comics own story - they really need to rethink that. But regardless, this toy is well worth picking up if you intend to build Defensor

Quote Originally Posted by koolkollectibleskhai View Post
    I figured all I had to say was in the video. But if you prefer some words to that effect, I can do that from now on fore sure.
    i dont have a problem with what you posted, just letting everyone know that here is your specific comments about the figure in question in a youtube video review.