View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX First Aid - worth buying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • Only if...

1 11.11%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 11.11%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-2015 DLX First Aid

Default Toy Review - GEN-2015 DLX First Aid

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here.

FIRST AID
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Major remould of Offroad
    Wave - 3
    Released here - Not here yet (out in Asia April)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about $30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Ambulance
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Red, white, blue
    Main Accessories - axe, combiner fist/foot

I really want to grab a pair of electronic jumper leads and re-create this:

He is my favourite Protectobot as a character, but as a toy Streetwise/smart is the best toy in my opinion
    Last edited by UltimateGalvatron; 27th April 2015 at 04:58 PM.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Gaahh!! Uploaded all 4 reviews of the new Combiner Wars Deluxe Protectobots, but YouTube only processed two of them. So Rook and Streetwise will have to come later now.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars First Aid - YouTube

In the mean time, here's my review of First Aid, the retool of the previous wave's Offroad. Pretty nice retool over all. Hope you can check it out!

Robot Mode - Quite like it - very indicative of G1/IDW First Aid though I wish his backpack was a little smaller. Good head on him and well proportioned and poseable. Very good overall

Vehicle mode - had seen screen shots but didn't realize how elongated and streamlined he would be. Kinda like a stretched out Animated Ratchet. Definitely an emergency rescue vehicle rather than a boxy ambulance. Looks cool, but I would have preferred something a bit more traditional. The weapon on the roof works surprisingly well though.

Transformation is pretty much the same as all the other similar CW figures, though I had a surprisingly tough time getting the pegs on his legs to clip into the back of the cab.

To be honest, I would have been happy with the Asia Kids day Protectobot First Aid as I really liked the alt-mode, but without a new headsculpt it just looked too much like TFPrime Ratchet so I'm glad this figure came along. A decent representation of the character and all the tech specs on the comic are a nice touch (Just a shame he isn't in the actual comics story ). Well worth picking up if you intend to build Defensor .