Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New She-Ra cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Where did you see them mate? Were they on TV somewhere or online?
    It's a Netflix show. Season one is all available now.

The previews looked great, but I'm still behind on Voltron, but am keen to give it a watch. I did like She-Ra more than He-Man when I was a kid.

started watching it with the eldest sharkticon she has been looking forward to new she-ra since i showed her the trailer

is not bad at all,

clearly its not your fathers autobot but the story is good,

although as i mentioned on twittah for those that see me there she did point out that to many people know She-Ra's Secret..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's a Netflix show. Season one is all available now.
    Cheers for that. Sadly with our limited internet in the bush Netflix uses up too much of our broadband so I might have to wait until it appears on tv

Watched it with the Sausage (well, she was around, she's 2). Loved every minute of it, can't wait for the next season. Animation was occasionally a little ropey but I'll forgive that for how great the characterisatijn and lore was. I want to know more about what (or who?) Grayskull is in this universe and I want more Swift Wind.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got to admit I got chills when she said "Greyskull" for the first time.

She-Ra always had the better extended lore and He-Man the better rogue's gallery. But they always complimented each other well in the cross overs. It is a dynamic I would love to see in this version.

I’ve got the last 3 episodes still to watch but I think it’s pretty damn good. Anyone expecting it to be like Voltron will be disappointed and it’s clearly aimed at girls but even so, the story is solid and characterisation is clever.

The budget for this show was obviously not super high to limit losses in the event that it tanked. This is most obvious through the animation. But I think a second season would see improvements because it appears the show is being received well???

Anyway, give it a go.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

clearly its not your fathers autobot but the story is good,

although as i mentioned on twittah for those that see me there she did point out that to many people know She-Ra's Secret..
    Well, I guess in today's modern version, there's too much gossiping going on, lol...

Ill have to watch this. how many episodes so far?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

After watching a few episodes with my sons I can safely say I am not a fan, its nice that She-Ra is getting a reboot but I personally feel they have modernized in a negative way. I will stick with the original, as I feel it portrays much better messages for my children and seems to cater to both male & female fans where I believe the new series is much more female oriented.

season 2 is out, only watched the first episode so can't really review it.

it's a bit too lightweight for me to proper enjoy, my wife's not a fan but it seems to resonate with ms4. definitely aimed at teen/preteen girls. will i watch it anyway? well yeah, it's she-ra. hopefully he-man pops up.