Thread: Comic Review - IDW's Revolution

Default Comic Review - IDW's Revolution

Post up your thoughts on the Revolution story arc, including the comics that don't have the Transformers title on the cover as they are all part of the one story, with Transformers characters in most or all of the Revolution comics.

According to TFwiki, these are the comics related to the Revolution story arc... some of which are also applicable to existing comic review topics here (like MTMTE, etc).
    Dates listed are when the comics were scheduled to be released, which might change at any time before release.

Road to Revolution - Titans Return (July)

Road to Revolution - The Transformers #56 (August)
    Road to Revolution - The Transformers #57 (September)

Road to Revolution - More than Meets the Eye #56 (August)
    Road to Revolution - More than Meets the Eye #57 (September)

Road to Revolution Special (catchup/recap issue) (September)

Revolution #0 - Prelude (July & August)
    Revolution #1 (September)
    Revolution #2 (September)
    Revolution #3 (October)
    Revolution #4 (October)
    Revolution #5 (November)

Revolution ROM (September)
    Revolution M.A.S.K. (September?)
    Revolution Micronauts (September?)
    Revolution G.I. Joe (October)
    Revolution Till All Are One (October)
    Revolution The Transformers (October)
    Revolution Action Man (October)
    Revolution More than Meets the Eye (November)

Revolutionaries (ongoing) #1 (December)
    Revolutionaries #2 (January)

I want to read this story eventually, but am interested in seeing what others are thinking of this new combined universe that has drawn in our 11 year old (as of this month) IDW Transformers universe into it.

Holy crap, it looks like the Predacons are members of the Revolutionaries!

Also Kup is now in his TR body.

i thought it was ok, nothing amazing. my first comic cross-over. i especially liked how the MTMTE issue seemed to be taking the piss out of the whole thing lol. i probably found the ROM and Micronauts aspects the most weird or forced.

I felt it had strong start but a really weak finish. The art for the main series was consistent and amazing. I was also impressed that the bulk of the main series was on time!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i especially liked how the MTMTE issue seemed to be taking the (Mickey) out of the whole thing lol.
    I didn't bother collecting any of the crossover issues beyond Transformers, but I agree that I found the nearly-fourth-wall-breaking to be quite hilarious. I also found Misfire's Cycloptic holomatter avatar to be rather funny.

Cyclopia is actually a real medical condition, although IRL cyclops are either miscarried, stillborn or in very rare cases, die shortly after birth. I've not heard of any case of a cyclops surviving past being a newborn. (don't Google it unless you wanna see some pretty gross photos/videos )
    Although this helps to demonstrate just how badly Misfire and Spinister misunderstand humans! That and burying a man alive.