Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BotCon 2012 "small" news and info

I love Soundwave's motto. It is suitably radical.

So here's pictures of the at show exclusives. They all look really good!

God DAMN I really want Kick-Off.

Some pics from Thursday, now that I've been able to edit and upload them.

Club Store items I bought.

Collector Cards for this year, and Soundwave's headband.

The at-show toys.

Closer look at the different Junkion heads.

Soundwave's headband.

Friday was pretty ordinary this year, with nothing too exciting scheduled, or revealed in the Dealer Room.

Two of the three panels were fan-related, with the third just being the Club Magazine/Comic presentation. (I'll post a separate topic for each of the panels)

In the Dealer Room, the enforcement of no 3rd-party/KOs paid off quite well, as this year had the most filled & varied range of Transformers toys I've ever seen at a BotCon. It was good to see tables full of Transformers toys without having to "scroll" through all the non-TFs stuff... kinda like scrolling through News pages of the Global Fansites when looking for actual TFs news.
    I couldn't believe the amount of stuff, and old stuff at that.
    Most surprising is the lack of current Hasbro stuff. Very few dealers had TFPrime toys. I think I saw more FE & JP TFPrime toys, than the regular ones we have in stores in AUS. I only found two dealers with Wave 2 Deluxes (one had them for $30, the other for $20), and didn't find anyone with Wave 2 of any other size class.
    I think it is just a bad month to have a BotCon, as traditionally it is a quiet month/quarter for releases.

Exhibits/displays in the Dealer Room:

Hasbro - disappointingly empty of anything new. Actually, the only new items were Rescue Bots. Everything else has been seen on fansites from Toyfairs already.
    More will be added tomorrow though, after the Hasbro panel... so maybe some new stuff will be on display then (in about 20 hours time).
    They did have the Generations Combaticons on display, and damn, if those are the final colours, you're gonna need shades on while playing with them.

Activision - every couple hours they would show off game-play of four characters - Vortex, Bruticus, Grimlock, Optimus. The game-play environment is HUGE. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. They said that they aren't allowed to say if FOC has an Escalation component (like WFC), but I was told that "the people at Highmoon love the Escalation format"... so read between the lines on that one.

Jagex/MMOG - I didn't get a chance to see what they were doing. There wasn't a lot of activity at their exhibit, so maybe they aren't set up yet.

Official Pinball Machines - two were there, and they were signing up people to use them. Not sure if there was a fee, as I think it was to make sure that a crowd doesn't gather, fighting over who's next.

Art Competition - keeps getting smaller every year. I can't imagine it going for much longer. I'm hoping to photograph it tomorrow... so at least it won't take long.

The various VA were there (except Culllen), so I got to see the voice of Blaster for the first time.
    Furman was there as well, selling signed copies of those scripts he promised.

The small number of Runamucks FunPub brought to the Convention were sold out yesterday, but apparently have some more, that they will be putting on the Club Store site when all have been sent out.

The exclusive function for Golden Ticket Holders starts in a few minutes, so have to go off to that. I can't imagine it being too long, or anything fancy.

Apparently there has been a few third party pieces popping up in the dealer room? Can you confirm
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Spinister, Kick Off and Metal Hawk are the only figures that hold some interest for me.

If anyone can help me out getting them, that would be appreciated. I can transfer the amount promptly.
    Last edited by kup; 28th April 2012 at 11:14 AM.

The exclusive function for Golden Ticket Holders is set for 3 hours, but isn't likely to last that long, as the guests are likely to leave before that (Peter Cullen left after an hour).
    There were about 50 people there, out of the 75 GTs they sold.
    The Guests were the 5 Voice Actors (Dan Gilverzn, Buster Jones, Peter Cullen, Garry Chalk, David Kaye), Simon Furman, Derrick Wyatt.

It started 15 minutes late, and had a small dinner buffet (was unexpected, and an odd mix of roast, BBQ, Mexican and Japanese, but was nice).

After people had eaten, the rest of the time I was there (I left after 90minutes), was just people trying to have their photos taken with each of the Guests.

When I left, I got the freebie items that were promised - an autograph card with 6 of the 7 Guests signatures (Cullen's is missing), and a BotShots Optimus signed by Peter Cullen. A bit disappointing to have his photo on the autograph card, but no signature to go with all the others.

I just remembered something from the Activision presentation - in June/July, at some Computer Game convention, they plan to be showing off the Metroplex portion of the FOC game. Something to look forward to.

I really want all of those, hopefully I'll get fixed up.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Those Combaticon colours are just killing me.... they definitely need re-painting if/when I get my hands on them

Well, since Hasbro aren't putting anything new into the Display cases until tomorrow, here's 5 galleries of what is there today.

Plus, a gallery of this year's BotCon toys.

And photos from the Golden Ticket event tonight (saves me having to rush preparing my own photos).

Really enjoying the updates griffin, eventhough this year's toys interestme the least I have been the most interested in reading bout the con-

Have u tried gettin g into the custom class? Or no interest? (:

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

I always miss out.