Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: International Transformers retails and Australian GST. What retailers are doing.

I got the email from HLJ, still waiting for Amiami, Nippon Yasan and anime export.
    My last imported TF from them was sunstreaker and it looks like with increased price for MPs plus this, i should just quit already

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    I got the email from HLJ, still waiting for Amiami, Nippon Yasan and anime export.
    My last imported TF from them was sunstreaker and it looks like with increased price for MPs plus this, i should just quit already
    I already got mine from amiami, the hlj one was interesting though

This is an important message from HobbyLink Japan to our customers in Australia.

In order to comply with new legislation by the Australian government, HobbyLink Japan will begin collecting Goods and Services Tax of 10% on the cost of items being shipped to Australia beginning Sunday, July 1st 2018 AEST.

If you are shipping to an Australian address, you’ll now see an “Estimated tax to be collected” amount when checking out, as in the screenshot below.

GST will only be charged to you when your ordered items become available and enter payment processing. At that time, the GST amount for the items in your order will be calculated and charged to you in the same transaction.

GST will only be calculated on merchandise, and not shipping costs. It will also appear listed on your invoice.
    So shipping is normal but items not, thats not so bad, but mandarake is what i need to hear the most

Here is the latest info from BBTS, regarding if you A: Have your items sent to a mail-forwarding company and B: Have your items sent to a friend in the US:

Regarding Mail-Forwarding:
    I apologize to report that any time you will be receiving items from outside Australia, you will want to expect to pay the GST in some shape or form. While I am able to say that you will not be assessed the GST unless selecting a shipping address within Australia with us, I anticipate that the GST would then be collected from any freight-forwarding company you would work with to receive the goods.
    Regarding to a US friend:
    I do not believe that you will be assessed any GST in those instances, since the items will not be imported and/or leave the USA. The GST is only assessed, by my understanding, on the items that will ship into Australia by means of importation.
    So by the sounds of it, if you have a friend in the US, you could have your stuff sent to them, then they could send it to you as a ‘gift’ with no GST added.

Just in case though, I’ve just had all my outstanding items shipped today.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 29th June 2018 at 05:22 PM.

Here's the link to the online version of the HLJ email:

https://mailchi.mp/c10a492cd179/impo...-regarding-gst

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I'm pretty upset about Amiami, I spend thousands there a year and have about 6 months of outstanding pre-orders. Going to have to find a store that's not buying into our government's crap sending more than $75,000 worth of goods to Australia every year.
    Honestly I'm surprised that so many stores have decided to abide. I mean, shipping in plain packaging without an invoice attached would have been far easier than sorting out their systems and filling an Australian tax return.
    I hear ya, although I don't spend as much as I used to with amiami anymore as the JoJo SAS figure series I collect has slowed down considerably. With the gst and them charging gst on shipping as well it just offsets amiami's great pre-order prices.

I guess at this point it's vote for any party that doesn't support this policy and won't preference the coalition govt at the next election and maybe it'll be rolled back?

So HLJ are doing the right thing and not charging GST on shipping costs, unlike the rest of them. Buying online, I'd choose HLJ at this point for that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I guess at this point it's vote for any party that doesn't support this policy and won't preference the coalition govt at the next election and maybe it'll be rolled back?
    You're a funny guy.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Galvatran Guest

Ah crap, looks like I'll be buying from local online stores from now on such as PC.

... or perhaps not.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, since mandarake hasn't said anything I JUST made an order for an mp skywarp since hasbro clearly ain't going to be completing the trio any time soon for 10kyen

Even if they charged that's a steal, but lets see what happens, didn't bother telling them to mark it as a gift just to see what happens