Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers g1 arcee/valkrie (re-issue) <- matter of time?

Thumbs down Transformers g1 arcee/valkrie (re-issue) <- matter of time?

Found this on eBay UK being passed off as a genuine Hasbro 1980's reissue: 3rd Party Arcee
    I'm not terribly surprised by this and I will be reporting this seller, I hope others will do the same.

He must have since changed his listing...

not to be missed (a trully one off) never relased in 1980
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It's still not a reissue. The reissue title is a bit misleading.

what an idiot!

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

$144 now! Are people really that oblivious? You can pick this up for $85 more or less from BBTS.

Well I've reported the bloke so either eBay is very slow to react , or nothing has been done at all.

I just felt that less informed people are likely to be ripped off with this, it's also sus considering it is going to take the seller 7 days before they post the items out.

But like I said, was only a matter of time really.

Quote Originally Posted by foor View Post
    $144 now! Are people really that oblivious? You can pick this up for $85 more or less from BBTS.
    Not everyone is prepared to pay the premium shipping BBTS charges, or even is aware of the stores existence beyond hardcore transforming robot fans. I've imported some myself direct, and will probably list them on ebay. One might disagree on third party items, but if the item description is fair and accurate I doubt that ebay would take action.

Also, the price he listed it at was lower, I think its just SO many bidders on the one item pushed it up. I list Masters of the Universe figures, and some get passed with no bids and I relist, only to find that four or five people bid the next time and drive the price to a ridiculous (in my opinion, at least) amount.
    No predicting what demand will be some times.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Approximately AU $184.52 it went for. That's nuts.

Seriously though... if people are gonna pay that amount when they could have easily google searched it and found it for half that price, I have no sympathy. It's just either lazy or ignorant IMO.

It only becomes a problem if it becomes the norm and every other seller thinks 'wait a minute, I could get that much for them too', then we'll start to see BIN prices like the above.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Seriously though... if people are gonna pay that amount when they could have easily google searched it and found it for half that price, I have no sympathy. It's just either lazy or ignorant IMO.

It only becomes a problem if it becomes the norm and every other seller thinks 'wait a minute, I could get that much for them too', then we'll start to see BIN prices like the above.
    BIN prices are the scourge of ebay. its meant to be an auction, not a store.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!