Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

A new He-Man comic is coming. Has there every been a good He-Man comic? I used to read my cousin's pack in mini-comics as a kid. I recall liking that presentation of the universe more than the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A new He-Man comic is coming. Has there every been a good He-Man comic? I used to read my cousin's pack in mini-comics as a kid. I recall liking that presentation of the universe more than the cartoon.
    For me, the original minicomics will always be the best and most meaningful MOTU comics. DC's original miniseries and the MVCreations series were both strong. Marvel's Star Comics imprint of MOTU comics was far more miss than hit, but the final two issues - #12 and #13 - were paragons of Masters sequential art:

One of, if not the best, MOTU comics was fanfiction, but done by Emiliano Santalucia who later went on to illustrate the official comic series, boxart, to unofficially help design toys and now works for Hasbro, believe it or not. He's the Don Figueroa of Masters fandom. He made 'Homecoming' as an art student, but it is amazing and can be read here:

http://www.mastersunbound.com/specia...ming_page1.htm

(It's set on Eternia after The New Adventures of He-Man.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    One of, if not the best, MOTU comics was fanfiction, but done by Emiliano Santalucia who later went on to illustrate the official comic series, boxart, to unofficially help design toys and now works for Hasbro, believe it or not. He's the Don Figueroa of Masters fandom.
    Such an apt comparison. His lineart was so amazingly detailed!

News of the new comic has re-kindled my interest in MOTU, can't wait!

I finally got my March sale order in, with stuff for both The_Damned and myself and bloody Auspost left it in the rain we got on monday, the box is waterlogged, half the figures inside are swimming and the box itself is crushed! $us195, I'd better get compensated for this!
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Holy crap! yeah you better get comp (god knows they'll be dicks about it) best o' luck man.

Kind of happy and sad at the same time, I was eyeing an Orko and Trikops from this month's Matty sale, but when I got there, they were gone.

Sad I missed. Happy I am not spending the money!

The 2012 MOTUC exclusive has been revealed, and it's brilliant. For people who haven't read Mastering The Universe or The Power And The Honor Foundation Catalog (both books that should be mandatory texts for hardcore He-Fans), Vycron is based on the He-Man trio - the three toys that Roger Sweet presented at the Mattel concept meeting where Masters was first given the 'go' by the powers that be. For $30 you get the buck with all three interchangeable outfits. So for anyone who's ever wanted to disguise any of their Masters toys as a tank, this is a crucial purchase.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/..._SDCC_products

...it's not for me. But I know how happy fanfave obscure characters can make people so more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The 2012 MOTUC exclusive has been revealed, and it's brilliant. For people who haven't read Mastering The Universe or The Power And The Honor Foundation Catalog (both books that should be mandatory texts for hardcore He-Fans), Vycron is based on the He-Man trio - the three toys that Roger Sweet presented at the Mattel concept meeting where Masters was first given the 'go' by the powers that be. For $30 you get the buck with all three interchangeable outfits. So for anyone who's ever wanted to disguise any of their Masters toys as a tank, this is a crucial purchase.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/..._SDCC_products
    A lot of people are complaining about it but I also think that it's a clever and fitting idea to commemorate the 30th anniversary of MOTU.